12v powersource help....

marsh0787

Reaction score
Visit site
I got some lights that require a 12v powersource so I figure I cant just tap in directly to the battery like I had originally planned. I couldn't find on the site where exactly people had tapped in to get thier power... Just to be clear I want the lights to be able to be on regardless of wether the key is on or not... Can anyone help me or show me a picture?

I've done this on another bike. The lights came with wire that goes to the battery -- the wire to the positive terminal is fused (highly recommended). I just connected direct to the battery and then direct to a ground terminal (you could probably use the negative terminal on the battery too).

I added a switch so that I could turn the lights on/off at will (with key in on or off position). Some people will recommend a relay (tapped off a low-power switched source like license plate light) so that the lights won't drain your battery if accidentally left on.

Dennis

I've done this on another bike. The lights came with wire that goes to the battery -- the wire to the positive terminal is fused (highly recommended). I just connected direct to the battery and then direct to a ground terminal (you could probably use the negative terminal on the battery too).

I added a switch so that I could turn the lights on/off at will (with key in on or off position). Some people will recommend a relay (tapped off a low-power switched source like license plate light) so that the lights won't drain your battery if accidentally left on.

Dennis
+1,000,000 on the fuse on the wire near the battery.

Back