2005 fz6 fairing kit

paperpirate

Reaction score
Visit site
hi guys ive had a look round and joined up as you seem like a friendly bunch. i was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for a fairing kit for a 2005 fz6

Ta muchly

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi and welcome,
What do you mean by a fairing kit? Yamaha sell fairing lowers as do Powerbronze.

Neil

paperpirate

Reaction score
Visit site
possibly a full fairing, with it being my main transport i just want something easy to keep clean and to hide a scuff on the engine block from when a lovely gentleman nocked it over in a carpark

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
i cant help with anything to do with faring
( i'm on a naked)
but a big aussie welcome nevertheless

your right this is a pretty friendly positive forum and if someone can help they will but my first advice is run a search for what youre after, they are slabs of posts on nearly any/ every topic you could think of

enjoy your ride

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner and it works every time !

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
possibly a full fairing, with it being my main transport i just want something easy to keep clean and to hide a scuff on the engine block from when a lovely gentleman nocked it over in a carpark
Powerbronze is worth a look for people in the UK, in the past they had a reputation for producing slightly iffy replica gear. In the last 10 years product quality has improved.
- Powerbronze UK International

Neil

Last edited:

JasonB

Reaction score
Visit site
I've got the Powerbronze fairing lowers on my FZ6 and I think they look good on the bike.

picture.php

Have to admit I didn't fit them myself as I had them colour coded to the bike at the same time as having the grab handles resprayed (PO used bungee cords on the grab handles and really scuffed them up), so I can't comment on how easy they were to fit, but apparently the bodyshop didn't have too much of an issue with them.

This picture was taken when I went to pick up the bike just after they'd been fitted.

picture.php

The fairing lowers themselves are of decent quality. The panels have some flex to them but they're not flimsy. As far as I'm concerned they were well worth the money.