2007 fz6 clock issue

The fz6 life

Reaction score
Visit site
OK, so I am new here first off, and before I made a membership I decided to search around here to see if I could find my issue, I could not. Either it is an uncommon issue, my issue, or I missed it in the forum. With that being said, my issue is as follows.

My clock on my cluster always goes forward/back to 1:00. I set the clock with the bike on, 15 minutes later after I shut it off, I turn the bike back on and it's 1:00 again. I set the clock with just the cluster on, but the bike off and sure enough, after 15 minutes the clock reverts again!

Setting: hold both the "reset" and "select" buttons for 2 seconds or so until the "hour" time is blinking, press "reset" until the desired hour is reached.

Press " select" until "minutes" are blinking, set desired time then press " reset" again until no numbers on the cluster are blinking. And the clock is set.

Except after 15 minutes of being off, then turning back on it reverts to 1:00!! I have no idea what is going in but it's quite the nuisance!

I would appreciate any advice you can offer

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi and Welcome to the Forum! Glad you could pop in!

Replace your back up fuse! Its in the RS pod! If its still good, something in that circuit is open as the clock is not being kept alive.

The fz6 life

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll try that today and let you know! I would have never thought of looking in the fuses. Maybe that's why my query came up with nothing because it was a fuse issue and not a clock issue?

Thanks again for the speedy reply!

Yup!! That fixed it!

Issue solved instantly, you sir are a genius.

Last edited:

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome, I haven't even set my clock on my 09. Just doesn't seems important untill I ride it Lol

It that fixes it, let us know to help others and shoot [MENTION=15974]FinalImpact[/MENTION] some rep. (Like he needs it) ;)

Last edited:

The fz6 life

Reaction score
Visit site
Yup, I pressed the Thank button not sure if that gives him rep or not but I pressed it none the less, and
@ motel I'm currently in Pullman.