2007 Yamaha FZ6 (533 miles)

huskers532

Reaction score
Visit site
Gents,

To start off, although this is my first post, I've lurked here for the better part of a year, and these boards are ultimately what led me to the FZ6 last fall... I rode a Ninja 250R for a couple years to get my feet wet.

It is with much regret that I am having to part ways with my 2007 Yamaha FZ6. I had just bought my FZ6 from a dealer nearby who stumbled upon a seemingly never ridden FZ6, and traded in the old 250R. I had every intent of riding it this year (and years to come), but since got married this winter and ultimately have family changes coming down the chute in a few months.

I am looking for a new home for my baby, and really think whoever buys this is getting a very good bike.

I am asking $4,200 (buyer figures pays shipping / picks up), and live in Wichita, Kansas. The bike has never been dropped, never abused, and has no scratches/marks in any fashion. I have attached pictures below, but please PM if you would like any additional information.

e0zZ7ad.jpg

rB7d4Lv.jpg

e1SJVDr.jpg

kbPNezp.jpg

3jXOk5j.jpg

tXjpG87.jpg

DsJNGef.jpg

5kfvbGA.jpg

FZSexy

Reaction score
Visit site
ride it, man! i mean you live in Kansas how hard can it be to find some wide open highway and pin the sucker for a good 100 miles? :rockon:

i wanna see that odo move upwards before the family changes kick in!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
ride it, man! i mean you live in Kansas how hard can it be to find some wide open highway and pin the sucker for a good 100 miles? :rockon:

Just don't pin it if those are the original tires! Those are BT-020's and probably the original rubber... Those tires are probably 9 years old! :rolleyes:

mjesenovec

Reaction score
Visit site
Just don't pin it if those are the original tires! Those are BT-020's and probably the original rubber... Those tires are probably 9 years old! :rolleyes:

Lol my 2007 still has the factory BT020's on it. I checked the date code and everything to confirm. No dry rot or anything, look good, less than 6k miles on them.

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
Lol my 2007 still has the factory BT020's on it. I checked the date code and everything to confirm. No dry rot or anything, look good, less than 6k miles on them.

Mine "looked" good on my 2009 FZ6 when I got it with 1,000 miles on it in 2013.... but they were slippery as hell. Those things were absolute GARBAGE. I could feel the front end moving around trying to corner at even moderate pace.

mjesenovec

Reaction score
Visit site
Mine "looked" good on my 2009 FZ6 when I got it with 1,000 miles on it in 2013.... but they were slippery as hell. Those things were absolute GARBAGE. I could feel the front end moving around trying to corner at even moderate pace.

I totally plan on replacing them, just hoping I can hold out until next season. Running pretty dry on cash after having to spend so much on a used wheel, other maintenance, mods, etc.

FLPicker

Reaction score
Visit site
That beats the 2007 I bought with 700 miles on it about a year ago. Love it. It has run flawlessly and I just put new tires on it (due to age) and about 5,000 miles. Good luck with the sale. Someone will get a good bike.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

I agree with Cliff (Motorgiro) the tires should be replaced. Tires are not just about visuals, but grip. Since they are rubber, it has lost it's grip, they are past it's shelf life. You're on two wheels leaning the bike over to corner, not four so it's even more important that you have a fresh set.

Not sure if any of you are into auto racing, but the importance of fresh tires are one the primary factors in order to win a race, I'm guessing its because of the grip. With only 500 miles on the clock, It's probably due for it's first oil and filter change, I think it's recommended to swap out the oil and filter after the first 600 miles.

mjesenovec

Reaction score
Visit site
I agree with Cliff (Motorgiro) the tires should be replaced. Tires are not just about visuals, but grip. Since they are rubber, it has lost it's grip, they are past it's shelf life. You're on two wheels leaning the bike over to corner, not four so it's even more important that you have a fresh set.

Not sure if any of you are into auto racing, but the importance of fresh tires are one the primary factors in order to win a race, I'm guessing its because of the grip. With only 500 miles on the clock, It's probably due for it's first oil and filter change, I think it's recommended to swap out the oil and filter after the first 600 miles.

Yeah, I never once thought that the tires are 100% and will last me for a long time. I know they need to be changed, and I want to get new ones asap. Just not sure when money will let me do it. I might just have to bite the bullet and throw some tires on the credit card.

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, I never once thought that the tires are 100% and will last me for a long time. I know they need to be changed, and I want to get new ones asap. Just not sure when money will let me do it. I might just have to bite the bullet and throw some tires on the credit card.
I lucked out and found a pair of new Dunlop Q2s for $150 on a clearance sale.

But if money's an issue, apparently Shinko Ravens have the best value!

mjesenovec

Reaction score
Visit site
I lucked out and found a pair of new Dunlop Q2s for $150 on a clearance sale.

But if money's an issue, apparently Shinko Ravens have the best value!

Thanks! Yeah i'm not going to be tracking it. I just want a "do everything" tire while getting comfort, grip, and good tread life. If there's something out there like a Pilot Road 3/4 but cheaper, i'd consider it.

huskers532

Reaction score
Visit site

I am! Been taking advantage of our first warm weather of the year. As of this point I've listed it on CL and am keeping the price pretty high... have a few months to sell so am taking advantage of it for now (and may convince the wife to have a change of heart).

Appreciate the thoughts on the tires, and agree with your points. Have not seen any dry rot, but do agree they feel slick at times. If I do end up keeping the bad boy that'll be the first purchase.

mjesenovec

Reaction score
Visit site
Reviews all around on the Shinko 009 Ravens are very positive. Forums, Revzilla reviews, even youtube vids talk these tires up as a great value and are worth more than what you pay. I called my local shop and they quoted me $174 for a full set of Shinko Ravens through them. $347 for a set of PR3's. I think i'll go with the Shinkos just to get some fresh rubber on my bike. And with the positive reviews, i'm sure i'll love them.

FZSexy

Reaction score
Visit site
Reviews all around on the Shinko 009 Ravens are very positive. Forums, Revzilla reviews, even youtube vids talk these tires up as a great value and are worth more than what you pay. I called my local shop and they quoted me $174 for a full set of Shinko Ravens through them. $347 for a set of PR3's. I think i'll go with the Shinkos just to get some fresh rubber on my bike. And with the positive reviews, i'm sure i'll love them.
i don't mind the low cost options myself. i might look into these Ravens next time. i have the Continental Conti Motions on my bike. got around 8,000-8500 well rode miles out of them. i'm a 220lb rider, too. if that makes a difference? 90mph freeway, lots of street riding. looks like the front might be good for 1000 more miles, but nah. change 'em both.

i paid $254 mounted. i got a quote from a different shop recently for $294 mounted, however. a bit steep considering what they sell for on Amazon. so i'll stick with my guy who is said to have the best deals on tires around. and maybe even shop around a little

good grip and decent wet traction is all i ask, really. i ain't a knee dragger although the tires do fairly well in turns and otherwise. when i "lean it like i mean it" they never feel squirrely

Last edited:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I've had the ravens. They are a great commuter tire, good rain traction and long life. I remember getting close to 15k from them. Word of caution tho, the front tire does not like metal corrugated bridges. The rain groove likes to track the zig zag.

mjesenovec

Reaction score
Visit site
i don't mind the low cost options myself. i might look into these Ravens next time. i have the Continental Conti Motions on my bike. got around 8,000-8500 well rode miles out of them. i'm a 220lb rider, too. if that makes a difference? 90mph freeway, lots of street riding. looks like the front might be good for 1000 more miles, but nah. change 'em both.

i paid $254 mounted. i got a quote from a different shop recently for $294 mounted, however. a bit steep considering what they sell for on Amazon. so i'll stick with my guy who is said to have the best deals on tires around. and maybe even shop around a little

good grip and decent wet traction is all i ask, really. i ain't a knee dragger although the tires do fairly well in turns and otherwise. when i "lean it like i mean it" they never feel squirrely

My shop said they could get me a set of motions for like $20 more than the shinko ravens. I did some research and read a bunch of reviews, and people tend to rate the shinko's higher. My shop ended up not being able to get me a set of ravens quickly, so I ordered a pair off revzilla for like $180. They should be here monday.

mjesenovec

Reaction score
Visit site
I've had the ravens. They are a great commuter tire, good rain traction and long life. I remember getting close to 15k from them. Word of caution tho, the front tire does not like metal corrugated bridges. The rain groove likes to track the zig zag.

That's good. I pretty much just joy-ride my bike. No knee-dragging, no track days, just cruising around and enjoying life. I wanted a comfortable, long lasting, do everything tire without breaking the bank. By the time I wear out the shinko's, i'll be able to get a set of PR4's or something, but a premium-price tire just wasn't in my budget at this time. I'm sure the Ravens will treat me well, and all the positive reviews can't be wrong, especially for the price.

iviyth0s

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's good. I pretty much just joy-ride my bike. No knee-dragging, no track days, just cruising around and enjoying life. I wanted a comfortable, long lasting, do everything tire without breaking the bank. By the time I wear out the shinko's, i'll be able to get a set of PR4's or something, but a premium-price tire just wasn't in my budget at this time. I'm sure the Ravens will treat me well, and all the positive reviews can't be wrong, especially for the price.
Shink again...lol. Jk, had to.

I guess they're so cheap because they're manufactured then imported from Korea instead of made here?