2009 FZ6R cylinder head

Cocoloco

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Good day! Im wondering if the 2009 fz6r cylinder head assy will fit to 2005 fz6,
My cylinder head is warped and almost all of the valves were bent, so im considering of buying a known good used cylinder head assy,
Ive found this 2009 cylinder head assy that looks good ,

Last edited:

Gary in NJ

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Cocoloco

You had mentioned that you had a blown head gasket. I could see how a warped head would present as a blown head gasket, but that doesn't explain bent valves. You are probably in need of a timing chain too.

With all of the problems you've had with this bike, and the potential problems with the ECU, is this bike worth the investment? Or is this a case where you are in so deep that you have no choice but to complete it?

Cocoloco

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Slipping as in the clutch is, under load slipping or something else?

Also, did you find and repair what "went out of time" to bend all your valves?
(Cam chain jump, etc).

Its appears to only happen on 3rd gear seems when ever i hit 3rd gear rpms go all the way to the limiter

Stretched timing chain, out of spec valve clearance, would you believe that almost no valve lash on it , timing mark on intake cam gear doesnt line up correctly, slightly pointing downwards

Cocoloco

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Cocoloco

You had mentioned that you had a blown head gasket. I could see how a warped head would present as a blown head gasket, but that doesn't explain bent valves. You are probably in need of a timing chain too.

With all of the problems you've had with this bike, and the potential problems with the ECU, is this bike worth the investment? Or is this a case where you are in so deep that you have no choice but to complete it?
I was left with no choice, leave it as a big paper weight, or should i keep pouring in like a money pit just to make it run
I chose the latter

Yes ive replaced the old timing chain as its stretched, about 8-10mm ,
Im waiting for the valves to arrive overseas
As the only and local parts source here doesnt have it in stock