2009 FZ6RC Dragons Tail Meet

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in for thursday as well guys. I think it adds 100 or so bucks for the extra day, so if it's only us 3 then it's still cheeper that a hotel for the night.

kellybt1052

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in for thursday as well guys. I think it adds 100 or so bucks for the extra day, so if it's only us 3 then it's still cheeper that a hotel for the night.

+1 on that, I suspect we will get a few more as the date arrives. I am going to be there so count me in for sure, coming up from TX and I want to maxmize the ride time in the area. Rode with a guy yesterday that was saying at lunch how a trip to Deals Gap is on his wish list, only a little cruelly did I did I inform him of my June trip!!!

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on that, I suspect we will get a few more as the date arrives. I am going to be there so count me in for sure, coming up from TX and I want to maxmize the ride time in the area. Rode with a guy yesterday that was saying at lunch how a trip to Deals Gap is on his wish list, only a little cruelly did I did I inform him of my June trip!!!

That's cool man! The trip last year was just shy of 800 miles one way, and me and another board member did it gas and go. It was a blast, but this year I have decided to trailer the bike in. I'm going to bring 2 bikes( FZ and XR650L)and spend at a week in the area. I haven' finalized my plans, but will probably be leaving NJ on Monday or Tuesday and returing the next Monday.

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's cool man! The trip last year was just shy of 800 miles one way, and me and another board member did it gas and go. It was a blast, but this year I have decided to trailer the bike in. I'm going to bring 2 bikes( FZ and XR650L)and spend at a week in the area. I haven' finalized my plans, but will probably be leaving NJ on Monday or Tuesday and returing the next Monday.

I'm in for Thursday. MAP-QUEST tells me it's 12-13 hours and 750 miles. So i will probably leave Wens day around midnight and plan to get there around Thursday afternoon, i might IRON BUTT it. Just like you said "GAS AND GO".

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in for Thursday. MAP-QUEST tells me it's 12-13 hours and 750 miles. So i will probably leave Wens day around midnight and plan to get there around Thursday afternoon, i might IRON BUTT it. Just like you said \"GAS AND GO\".

Cool man! Gas and go and we were there in a little over 12 hours. Most of the ride was interstate though. The last hour was the best by far. We actually rode the Dragon at night without even knowing it. I was using GPS and it took us down US 129 to our final destination. When we got to the cabin we learned we had actually rode the Dragon. It is a very cool road, and there are a ton of others in the area as well.

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Im fine for thursday as well. It shouldnt be a problem for me.

Mine yall are making me feel bad as for the distance. Talking about getting your iron butts in to get there...

-bryan

mkjeld76

USCG Retired
Reaction score
Visit site
bryan I know what you mean I just google mapped and it's got me at 2 1/2 hours. I've driven the dragon twice with my car this will be the first time on the bike. When the weather get nicer I might take a day trip through the area.

mpb218

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, some of you might have known I was having issues with the new dates. BUT the good news is I don't think it's an issue anymore, so I will be there. I haven't read the whole thread yet on this Thursday talk, but I will let you all know.

mpb218

Reaction score
Visit site
I will be coming from CT and stopping somewhere along the way for the night, I'm saving my vaca for this trip! Anyone coming from my direction? Ant, you don't count, Mr. "I have a trailor" haha.

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
I will be coming from CT and stopping somewhere along the way for the night, I'm saving my vaca for this trip! Anyone coming from my direction? Ant, you don't count, Mr. \"I have a trailor\" haha.

Yea, Ant is turning the FZ into a trailor queen :spank: I might put a HD sticker on it when we are up there. ;)

-bryan

W

wrightme43

Ah but Anthony is bringing two bikes so he can go offroading as well. Double the fun.

LOL

I trucked mine in last year. I will probley ride in this year though. Havent decided yet. Having a truck is nice though. Groceries would be a pain if we all had to meet up, unload all saddle bags, then all go to the grocery, then divy everything up, then ride back, then unload and unpack again.

Trucks is good. :rockon:

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Yea yea. Im just given you guys a hard time.

There is alot of nice off-road riding around that area. If you want to spend a day in hickory, NC. There is Brown Mtn. I have spent many weekends up their with my father. Great place to ride!

-bryan

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
Yea, Ant is turning the FZ into a trailor queen :spank: I might put a HD sticker on it when we are up there. ;)

-bryan

There are actually a couple reasons I'm trailoring this year. Steve hit on one of the points, and the other is sheer pleasure. 750 miles of straight interstate wasn't fun at all. In fact it sucked ass!:D Also if anything were to happen to the bike while there I'm not stranded 800 miles from home trying to rent a vehicle. Oh and did I mention that 750 miles of interstate sucked ass!:D

I'm going to ignore that Harley comment.:Flip: :D:D