2009 Mileage Contest!

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Good to hear...

I havent made it out on the road yet this year. Too darn cold...

However, I do have hope. Every other evening as I leave my late class I notice the the skys are brighter than the last. It wont be long now!

-bryan

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
6,000+ miles only and not enough to compete with others in this forum.
I do however still ride, even in 19 degree temperature. I keep riding all year round, only thing stopping me is snow, ice, heavy rain and an occasional " Hold on there Mister..... where the heck do you think you're going, you promised to stay with the kids today" :eek:

kellybt1052

Reaction score
Visit site
6000+ wow I am way out, I am at about 1200 for January and put 160 on today on a fine No. Texas day. looking for something similar tomorrow. Have to admit that on a few of the 30 degree mornings this contest has encouraged me to tough out the cold morning commute on the bike.

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You have put 6000 miles on the bike since the first of this month?
Dang dude, why didnt you join the contest?

-bryan

6000+ wow I am way out, I am at about 1200 for January and put 160 on today on a fine No. Texas day. looking for something similar tomorrow. Have to admit that on a few of the 30 degree mornings this contest has encouraged me to tough out the cold morning commute on the bike.

Sorry Bros if I was misunderstood, to date 2009 I've only rack about 100+ miles on the bike. But in total since I've gotten the bike only 6000+ miles (2007 model, bought on August). Work is only a 3+ miles away, so most of my riding is that plus the extra miles I take to get home (long way around). I make up for the mileage by riding all year round.:D

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've stopped riding straight to work now. I pretty much only ride in the twisties.

It adds an hour to my trip home and to work but it's entirely worth it in my book...lol. About a third of those km are night twisty rides:rockon:.

Cheers
Mike

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thought I'd whack up an update. I just happened to notice tonight ( I usually have trip A showing) that I've cranked up over 10,000km for the year:cheer:...lol. New tires again soon:(.

Cheers
Mike

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
Man, I think I've only run about 1,000 miles so far. It's been raining on the weekends and so I've been driving my Jeep on my road trips :( how sad...she longs for a good canyon weekend...like THIS weekend! I hope!

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
I think I have like 200 miles for the year so far.

THen again I dont start till April. Its been too darn cold for a Carolina boy. That and school...

-bryan

Gosling1

Take it easy Charlie. I've got an angle.
Reaction score
Visit site
:) I will be close to 70,000 total on mine before the June Gap meet. I don't remember what I started the year off with though.

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok guys, getting close to start time for most of you, including myself.

Here is the list of those that signed up to start counting miles in April.

-bmccrary
-TheVmaxrider
-FZ6inNH
-YoungGun
-Shinn
-fz6nick
-insomiacsdream
-dimitre977
-wolfc70
-tum226

I will be sure to send out a mass PM to all these members the weekend of the 28th to remind you all.

Ride safe guys!

-bryan

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
I just sent out PM's to those of you that are signed up for seasons starting in April.

Remember to post a photo with a time stamp of the odometer no sooner that 4/1/2009 @ 12:00 am.

-bryan