6000 mile maintenance

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys,
It is reaching to 6k miles on it. 2800 miles within 2 months.

Lately I'm falling in love with this bike after listening to many people how good of a bike this is. A swiss-army knife of bikes.
I wash it every week, lube the chain, polished the headers(mother's mag), checked the brakes(more than 75% life on them), changed the rear to M-PR4's.
It is a very fun bike to ride long drives, AWA track.
I still feel guilty, I'm not giving anything to her.
Planning to lube the cables over this weekend, Oil looks fine, brake fluids look fine (will check them again). Anything else I need to check?

As this post suggests:
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-general-discussion/50458-4000-mile-maintenance.html
Sync is something I have to do. Can I borrow the tool from somewhere(like auto-zone, auto-parts, etc.) or I have to buy them my own?
Air-filter looks clean.

Other things in my mind:
1. Coolant change, thinking of 50/50, but will do more research again before choosing.
2. I keep my bike under the sun/rain rarely, but I make sure, I put on the dust cover (OEM) all the time.
3. Spark plugs, will remove and clean them, replace if needed.
4. As per the book, my next oil change is due 8k, (my 4k oil change is done at 3k itself (just 3 months ago), so, I can wait until 8K or until it turns a bit dark)
5. Its 7 yr old rubber for brake lines, should I be changing them?
6. Clean the chain with the chain brush instead of dishwasher pad(green rough one).

I'll post the pics of the rear brake oil so, that you guys can suggest me when to bleed.

I'm the 3rd owner of the 08FZ6 purchased 2 months ago from now, bought with 3200 miles, with topped off fluids, oil change and front tire change and inspection.

Edit:
1. http://www.fazer-hispania.com/manuales/5vx-28197-11.pdf
page 3-2
2. "The chain and sprocket look fine, don't worry about them now", the mechanic who changed my tire.

Last edited: