Acuman Digi Gear - Easy Mod

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm so glad this post is still going strong and helped so many of you out...

Thank you all for the kind words.

JC

:D

Last edited:

Caligula

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks...

It sure helped me.

I have just installed the Acumen Digital Gear & Voltage Indicator and for anyone else although it says connect the Purple to a permanent +12v, I connected mine to the Red with white stripe + brown dots along with the Red (Acumen) one.

sniff6

Be nice i am
Reaction score
Visit site
Years ago i bought a Suzuki GT380 because it had a gear indicator (Not the only reason though).But after a while it just became a novelty.

images

sunanuus

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Acumen Digi Gear - Easy Mod

Hi everbody :rockon:,

just want to know if accumen digi gear indicator dg8 has a plug in loom(wire) to connect directly insted of soldering for yamaha 2007 fzs6wl. please confirm tahnks in advance.:BLAA:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Re: Acumen Digi Gear - Easy Mod

Hi everbody :rockon:,

just want to know if accumen digi gear indicator dg8 has a plug in loom(wire) to connect directly insted of soldering for yamaha 2007 fzs6wl. please confirm tahnks in advance.:BLAA:

Not that I'm aware of. You can check Acuman's web site and/or contact customer support and ask ( they have GREAT support staff!). If they don't list it, they probably don't have it.

You could also check out the GI Pro gear indicator. I have one on myVFR and it was plug & play.

Neustaedter

Reaction score
Visit site
cheers everybody!

I just received my DG-8 and I checked the wires with the instructions at Acumen's german website (found here >>>click<<<)...the brown wire seems to be white now, but the main issue I find is that Acumen connects the speedo-(orange)-wire to the gray and the tacho-(brown and now white)-wire to the white/yellow-wire of the DG-8... I bought my FZ6 Fazer last year, so what setup should I use now or is there no difference between the setups?

...and now to complete my confusion Acumen UK wiring instructions swap gray (Tacho) and white/yellow (Speedo)...

Last edited:

sunanuus

Reaction score
Visit site
cheers everybody!

I just received my DG-8 and I checked the wires with the instructions at Acumen's german website (found here >>>click<<<)...the brown wire seems to be white now, but the main issue I find is that Acumen connects the speedo-(orange)-wire to the gray and the tacho-(brown and now white)-wire to the white/yellow-wire of the DG-8... I bought my FZ6 Fazer last year, so what setup should I use now or is there no difference between the setups?

...and now to complete my confusion Acumen UK wiring instructions swap gray (Tacho) and white/yellow (Speedo)...

well when you are done installing put the wire colour combination on site for others thanks in advance

Neustaedter

Reaction score
Visit site
ok, done with the installation now... My color-combination:

DG8 FZ6
Red --------> RED with white stripe + brown dots
White --------> WHITE with yellow stripe and brown dots
BLACK --------> BLACK with brown dots
ORANGE ------> GREY with brown dots
GREEN --------> light blue wire coming off the white connector (single-wire connector)

now I still need to get the diode, because my neutral-LED is always on when the bike does not move, no matter what gear I am in...
BTW - thanks a lot to the starter of this threat for this great howto.

Last edited:

Hostak

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello guys, great idea! Please advice. You can not open pictures installation. Digi Gear Indicator what to buy? thank you for the info.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello guys, great idea! Please advice. You can not open pictures installation. Digi Gear Indicator what to buy? thank you for the info.
:welcome: to this great forum!
These are pretty old posts and we've lost some pictures along the way. Here is a video of one persons install on a different bike but even if you only have the instruction manual and wires for the unit we can help you identify the wires on your FZ6 to get the unit installed. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIiIE8NHxqA

Last edited:

Hostak

Reaction score
Visit site
Motogiro thanks. But this video does not help me. I need to see involved on my FZ6 S2. What gear indicator was used in instrument panels and where to connect the cables on my bike.