Adirondack Mountain Ride

bdevries

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'm planning a day tide tomorrow from Ottawa to the Andirondack Mountains in New York state. Can anyone recommend the twisties roads in that area? I have no gps, just a printed map of the area so i'll be doing my best to use the sun as my compass while riding and since I wont have any data on my phone, will be using the compass app on there that used no data either.

It's going to be interesting. If it was a shorter ride i wouldnt be so concerned about getting lost in the mountains, but seeing as its gonna be about 7.5 hours round trip, I dont know if my body can handle getting lost/turned around for a few more hours!

Thnks!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wish I knew exact roads. I only remember that nearly all roads I've driven (yes.. I was in a cage :( ) there were very scenic and rather curvy.
Have a great ride!

bdevries

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks! Should be interesting trying to ride it all from Ottawa in one day, especially without any sort of GPS or knowledge about roads in the US!

lukaledoux

Reaction score
Visit site
Funny, we might have been in the area around the same time. eburtt and I went down into the adirondacks from Kingston, camped in Green Mountain National forest and then went up to Montreal for the Canadian Superbike Championships. (July 5-6)

erburtt

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'm planning a day tide tomorrow from Ottawa to the Andirondack Mountains in New York state. Can anyone recommend the twisties roads in that area? I have no gps, just a printed map of the area so i'll be doing my best to use the sun as my compass while riding and since I wont have any data on my phone, will be using the compass app on there that used no data either.

It's going to be interesting. If it was a shorter ride i wouldnt be so concerned about getting lost in the mountains, but seeing as its gonna be about 7.5 hours round trip, I dont know if my body can handle getting lost/turned around for a few more hours!

Thnks!

A little late I know, but Luka and I went down there as he mentioned, we started by crossing at ogdensburg, We headed for Whiteface mountain, once you get close there is an awesome road which ends at the whiteface memorial highway (pretty much just a switchback road to the top) from there we rode some really nice twistys into Vermont, then into the green mountain national forest the twistys start up again and go for a good hour long ride or so.