Adjustable Clutch / Brake Levers

Bill

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I know this has been beat to death... however. I thought I'd throw my $0.02 into it.

I really didn't want to pay $150+ dollars for levers. I've been looking on fleaBay and Amazon for a cheap alternative to Rizoma, Pazzo, etc.

After reading posts here about adjustable levers I went on Amazon and purchased these [ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EWIPHUY/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]levers.[/ame] There seems to be many different variations of these on the internet but for the most part they are all the same.

Anyway, I figured for $35 what the heck!? They are almost disposable.

Last edited:

Bill

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They seem to be pretty solid. Were easy to install and add a little "bling".

The only thing needed was to swap over the stock bushing on the clutch lever. I've set the clutch on #2 and the brake on #1. Initially they feel much more comfortable then stock and a pretty descent reduced reach. We'll see after a 400 mile ride.

NOW Where can I find a descent pair of cheap rearsets? LOL!

Last edited:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They seem to be pretty solid. Were easy to install and add a little "bling".

The only thing needed was to swap over the stock bushing on the clutch lever. I've set the clutch on #2 and the brake on #1. Initially they feel much more comfortable then stock and a pretty descent reduced reach. We'll see after a 400 mile ride.

NOW Where can I find a descent pair of cheap rearsets? LOL!

Yeah.. sign me up for rearsets too!! The levers are very good. I've got ~30k miles on them (between 2 bikes). No issues besides fading (don't care).

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
Can you comfortably fit extra (more than 2) fingers on these levers if necessary? I'm wondering because I like to sit with 3 or 4 on the clutch at stoplights to keep my fingers from getting sore.

I don't mind the stock levers, but back in the day I put new levers on my mountain bike and the feel for the brakes was way better. The pull was smoother as well!

Bill

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Can you comfortably fit extra (more than 2) fingers on these levers if necessary?!

Yes

The pull was smoother as well!

Not really sure how to answer this... never owned a mountain bike. However, the action is a little bit heavier then stock because they are shorter levers. "Smoothness"? Just the same as stock.

Last edited:

ChanceCoats123

Reaction score
Visit site
I went ahead and found a pair on eBay of short, blue levers with the black adjusters. The ones on Amazon would have taken weeks to get to me, so I found a US seller on eBay. :-D

Last edited: