After a hiatus, I'm back with a vengeance...

famous556

TV4 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

Some of you may remember me from this forum, I was a fairly active member here for about two years. I used to have a 2009 FZ6 in Fastest Black and before that an '85 KLR600 was my faithful (if not gutless) first steed. Well I sold that Fazer and said my goodbyes to the motorcycle world for a while back in March 2013.

Picture of my Fazer for old time's sake

Well during my hiatus I rode around on some of my buddies bikes occasionally, such as my buddies 2005 FZ6, or my other buddies 2009 Fireblade. The ride on the fireblade reminded me what I love and hate about sportbikes... Love the power and handling, but hate the way that you lean over the tank and break your wrists and back.

So the other day I'm sitting here at my house and thinking what a beautiful day it is outside and how I'm going to go out and find SOMETHING to do even though all my 9-5 buddies are at work. I figured I'd hit up this motorcycle dealership in town that deals in European bikes just because I'd never been there. Lo and behold I walk in and see a 2014 Tuono V4. One of the bikes I've lusted after ever since I've learned of its existence when a member here posted about his.

What a deal too, dealership is trying to move the holdover models to make way for 2015's and 16's and Aprilia was giving a good bit of customer cash to do just that.....

Needless to say it didnt take a lot of convincing from the sales staff...

Long story short, I'm back in the game with a brand new and high tech steed.

OK enough pics.

Two things really amaze me about this bike; its gobs of everywhere all over instant power and the number of warning stickers Aprilia could fit on the tank. Seriously its got lets go right now power from any RPM in any gear and there are at least 4 seperate and distinct warning stickers plastered on the gas tank. Blah

I love the bike so far and have put about 200 miles on it since late monday evening. Still getting used to everything and had one rainy day yesterday so that impeded my ability to put on some more miles.

Absolutely love the Tuono. It takes everything I liked about my FZ6 and takes it to the edge of physics, a more comfortable riding position with real true superbike power and an engine you can actually see. Plus there's that sound. Oh the sweet sound... the V4 sounds like nothing I could ever describe, its a mechanical symphony that could only be described as surreal and otherworldly. It sounds like nothing else I've ever heard.

:ban: I hope not, the FZ will always hold a special place in my heart as my first real powerhouse and the bike that got me into the naked segment. Now I'm still there with my Tuono V4 and loving every minute of it.

Zealot

The Village Idiot
Reaction score
Visit site
Damn, that looks sick dude!

You mind if I uh... Borrow it for a bit? Completely legitimate and trustworthy request, really! I just need your address :rolleyes:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:back! Congratulations!

Love the Tuono! Both earlier V-twins and the V-4. Yes! Fun power everywhere.
That sound is the V-four engine. The only sounds close to it are the VFR V-fours and the Crossplane Crank R1's.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Very Nice looking bike! Do enjoy!
Post a video of you ignoring the warning stickers! :spank:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Now all you need is a can and the RACE Aprilia race mapping unlocked.

Welcome to the wonderful world of the TV4!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Beautiful machine :thumbup:

I just cant understand why they put pillion pegs on it with a seat like that ,lol

That is one of the first things that came off of my bike. I took my wife for one ride and she refused to get back on. Then I signed her up for MSF and bought her a little Suzuki GZ250. My plan worked perfectly! :D

famous556

TV4 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the kind words everyone. I got to go out again today and put some more miles on. Loving this new ride a lot. :thumbup:

Best of all is that I'm back in the saddle and riding again. :rockon: