AGV S-4 helmet...anyone have any experience?

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I searched, but I can't find any posts with a review of the AGV S-4 helmet. What I'm really wondering about is fitment. I currently have a Shoei X-11 in size XL and a Scorpion EXO-700 in XXL and both fit perfectly. I've read that the S-4 runs small, but I'm wondering if anyone can compare it to either the X-11 or Scorpion in fit (internal shape)? I can't find any reviews that give me this sort of info.

Thanks!

This is the one I'm talking about:

d2013ece.jpg

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I did hear it was the newer model to replace the Stealth :don'tknow:

It appears to me that it is the same as my AGV Stealth without the diffuser on the top/back , I love my Stealth & cant praise it enough :thumbup: AGV quality is 1st class & although my helmet is getting old its so comfortable & so good I cant bring myself to replace it...

The main thing I love about my AGV is the fact that it does NOT suffer from wind buffeting at all , doesnt matter if its a servere cross wind or sitting in the turbulant air behind a truck your head will not move :rockon:

Only downside to the helmet is that its a little noisey but it is a race spec lid so thats to be expected , not excessive noise but more than I was used to & its only rushing wind noise & NOT those annoying high pitched whistles ;)

It also scores a 5 star rating on the SHARP test :rockon:

Here is what WBW had to say about the Stealth AGV Stealth - webBikeWorld

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlRg53djlo0]YouTube - AGV S4 helmet demo by Urban Rider[/ame]

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Is that the one with the pull down visor inside?

In my quest to find reviews on the S-4, it seems there's a newer version called the S-4 SV that indeed does have the internal sun visor that flips down. I had no idea until I unintentionally ran across a review of the SV version of the S-4.

Humperdinkel, thanks for the great info. I actually watched that video yesterday and I had already read WBW's review of the Stealth (but I appreciate the info anyway!)

Maybe you can give me some insight into the fitment of the Stealth (and hopefully it'll translate over to the S-4.) In my reading, it seems the S-4 runs small, so I'm thinking I should try the XXL in the AGV. What was your experience with the sizing? Did it seem to run small or true to size or what?

Also, what's the internal shape like? What other helmets have you worn that you could compare it to? I've worn a HJC CL-15, Scorpion EXO-400 and 700, Shoei RF-1000 and X-11, so I'm trying to figure out which of these the internal shape of the AGV might be closest to. Unfortunately, there aren't any dealers in my area, so I'll have to buy online and I'm trying to get as much info before I pull the trigger so I won't have to return it.

I appreciate the help!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Im most helmets I wear a XL-XXL yet in the AGV range im only a large which is a 59-60cm head if that helps :thumbup:

Internal shape is similar to most HJC's & Scorpion 1000's in my experience which seem to suit a round shaped head best...

Extrenal shape they are much more streamlined , which I guess is why they dont suffer from buffeting ;)

AGV has a fitment chart i've seen so measure round your head & you'll be right :thumbup:

Here is my Stealth & as you can see if you remove the diffuser its the identical helmet to the S-4

Last edited:

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
That's what I needed to know, Humperdinkel...thanks!

And I love the look of that Stealth. That's one sweet graphic. BTW, as a Cincinnati Bengals fan, I'm right there with ya...

GO PACKERS! :thumbup:

NearOn

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the AGV S4 SV with the internal sun visor. Only had it since christmas, and worn a couple times, waiting for better weather to kick in. Compared to my previous Caberg lid, it feels a bit smaller although same size, XL. The cheek pads tend to pinch a little bit, but im hoping that will ease off as wear it in. Apart from that fits well. Noise isnt too bad, but am sure the more expensive lids keep noise out better. Main thing is looks pretty damn good!