Almost time for the annual bike washing. How about you?

How often do you wash your bike?

• Once, when I list it for sale.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
the front forks are a real PITA to get clean, everything adheres there specially mud leaving a nice khaki shadow :spank:

Well if you have an Off-Road FZ6!

How many roads in Columbia are paved? Curious.

Most state routes in the USA are paved but I spent a week in Northern Alberta (Canada) and half the roads were dirt or gravel...insane going 60 mph on dirt!

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
You could do like the dual sport guys and the only time your bike gets washed is when it rains or a river crossing lol

Sent from my R800x using Tapatalk

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
You could do like the dual sport guys and the only time your bike gets washed is when it rains or a river crossing lol

Yea. The dirt forms a protective coating on the bike after a while. :thumbup:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
Yea. The dirt forms a protective coating on the bike after a while. :thumbup:

Lol ya I hear its better then powder coating....for the hard core dual sport guys its a cardinal sin to wash their bikes....

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have allways kept every bike i've ever owned and my 4-wheel vehicles,well also my home and my work shop....... well everything I own as clean as the day I bought it new,or if I bought it used ,as clean as the day I detailed it.... :BLAA: I'm a Taurus I can't Help Myself!! LOL :rockon: :rockon: :D

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
Well if you have an Off-Road FZ6!

How many roads in Columbia are paved? Curious.

Most state routes in the USA are paved but I spent a week in Northern Alberta (Canada) and half the roads were dirt or gravel...insane going 60 mph on dirt!

Oh boy is not Columbia, that is your state it is Colombia :spank::BLAA:

and we have a lot of paved roads, this is the third world, but is not India or Mongolia :BLAA: (no offense or racist comment intended, just a joke :D)

all the main Departments (geographically something like your states) are paved, also most of the big and small towns and lot of villages roads are paved, however in a lot of the main routes there are small spots (100, 200 meters long) that got damaged because of the heavy rain and the unstable terrain nature (lot of mountains), to that add corruption that doesn't allow to properly build the roads so we are screwed up, so when it rains guess what ... mud and crap :D, and the rain is another problem, we don't have weather seasons as you have, but on the same day and being the same several days in a row we can have a little cold in the morning, then the sun shines and birds sing, and suddenly at the least expected moment a torrential downpour, you ride 10 kilometers that way and the sun is shining again :spank:

So it is pretty hard to maintain a shining bike that way.

However there are a lot of guys here that keep their babies that way, but they just ride the bikes Thursdays nights or Sundays afternoon when it is good weather, but those guys are just squids or posers not real bikers, I don't say they are that due to being fair weather riders, just because of their lack of gear and posing attitude.

In summary the problem is rain + bad road spots

Cheers

Last edited:

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
i used to wash and wax it after every ride. for the past month i have been using the bike nearly everyday, so i dont feel like washing it every day, i just wipe it up and remove the bugs form the windshield, it stays pretty clean like this, not perfect mind you but pretty nice nonetheless

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Once a year :eek: :eek: Seriously who ticked that ??? :spank: :spank:

Mine gets a bath every Friday , without fail rain , hail or shine :thumbup:... I have pics of me washing Scorpio in the rain :D

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
every week if the weather is sh1tty, even tho I know it will be dirty again real quick
but as a rule every second Sunday, and a polish as well then UI have to take it for a run and wax the chain when I get back.
the only way to make sure nothing is coming loose, fallen off needs more of a clean. I plan on keeping it for as long as poss. unless something really really really good comes up and then I want maximum resale value

Black_Cirrus

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not real good at cleaning but been keeping bike clean, but had to loan it to my brother because the STUPID neighbor:disapprove: at his apartment painted on his car next to my brothers 06 F150 and covered it with overspray. So I took it to the shop to try to get it cleaned up, 4 hours+ to get it taken care of. So he gets stuck riding my bike home in the rain and returns if filthy:(

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Once a year :eek: :eek: Seriously who ticked that ??? :spank: :spank:

Mine gets a bath every Friday , without fail rain , hail or shine :thumbup:... I have pics of me washing Scorpio in the rain :D

In the rain :thumbup: - its like the Pre-Soak cycle to loosen the bugs! lol

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
I think she looks better dirty, in my honest opinion. It gives it character, and shows what the rider has ridden through. My bike looks like its been through thick and thin, because it has - and I have to say, I rarely wash my fizz. I ride it every day, and if i was meticulous about every spec on it, I would drive myself insane.

The only time I really actually wash it, is after I ride in the rain (which is every time it rains) and notice an unusual amount of mud and dirt caked on.

PS i don't consider cleaning the chain or brakes "washing" the bike, that falls more under the maintenance category for me.