another addition: sw-motech bar risers

hk_fz6_05

Reaction score
Visit site
well got these the other day from user AGF and thought I'd pop them on there while I was out there anyway. Install is a cake walk. [Edit] Only because I have a faired FZ6 and plenty of slack in the cables btw![/Edit]

First impressions: Are they ugly or what? Contrast colours would have been better than the terribly matched silver(ish) thing they got going on.
Handling wise it takes a chunk off the sporty feeling of the bike, but it does mean I relax my back more (will have to wait for the next longish ride to really feel the difference) and I think they are just the thing for my planned several thousand k run to Spain in August, which is why I got them.

Verdict: We'll see, but I promise you they are coming right off the minute I return from Spain - I like my bike handling sporty for regular use!

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
interesting POV about the loss of the sporty feel, I never got that far!
I did give them plenty of consideration for the back ease you mention, but alas, they were never gonna make it as a long term install with the cable routing on my naked.
However I have to agree with your sentiments about the colour. I at least had the S2 top mount plate to hide most of the risers even tho I never got to even start the motor when I had them on my bike.

I am glad you will get use from them, and the beauty is, you can take them off with ease when your touring trip is done and get ack to twisty riding

I hope they work well for you
best ade

Timon

Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't notice the color difference as much as you did, I guess for me it wasn't a huge problem. I installed my during the late winter/spring months, so I didn't notice the sporty feeling loss.

I just removed mine recently and WOW what a difference in the handling. I really like stock so much better for everyday use, but as you mentioned if I'm going on a long trip, I'll definitely reinstall the risers just for that time.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
I had these same risers on my bike with Fz1 bars for my 2000 mile trip to Canada 2 years ago. I was very glad I did this. I don't like them as much for everyday riding but for long stretches of highway riding these are awesome