Bar risers and Sliders

LX200

Reaction score
Visit site
I am sure I will get "use the search".... but if you do, you'll get a ton of threads with 55 messages where somebody in one thread says "I put risers on my bike".

Should there be a sticky for risers? Seems many newbie like me have questions.

Anyway, I just got an 07 FZ6, and am interested in risers that can be installed with NO cable mods.

What have you put on that gets you up and back, with no mods?

I found these.... are they any good?

SW-MOTECH Handlebar riser barbacks & top clamps (BMW, Ducati, Gas-Gas, Honda, Kawasaki, KTM LC4, MZ, Suzuki, Triumph, Yamaha) - pair, 1" rise & 1" pullback - TwistedThrottle.com

Just trying to figure out if there are two or three that everybody knows are best, but just isn't obvious, even when you do a search.

SAME for sliders.... looking for ones that give a lot of protection, and can be installed with no drilling or such. Do these help protect the tank in a drop>

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I am sure I will get "use the search".... but if you do, you'll get a ton of threads with 55 messages where somebody in one thread says "I put risers on my bike".

Should there be a sticky for risers? Seems many newbie like me have questions.

Anyway, I just got an 07 FZ6, and am interested in risers that can be installed with NO cable mods.

What have you put on that gets you up and back, with no mods?

I found these.... are they any good?

SW-MOTECH Handlebar riser barbacks & top clamps (BMW, Ducati, Gas-Gas, Honda, Kawasaki, KTM LC4, MZ, Suzuki, Triumph, Yamaha) - pair, 1" rise & 1" pullback - TwistedThrottle.com

Just trying to figure out if there are two or three that everybody knows are best, but just isn't obvious, even when you do a search.

SAME for sliders.... looking for ones that give a lot of protection, and can be installed with no drilling or such. Do these help protect the tank in a drop>

Those risers look nicer than mine and are cheaper $. 1" up and 1" back, NO issues with cables, lines, wires, etc.

I have 1" up, 1"& 3/8" back. I did have to finagle the front brake line some as it was a bit tight(but those still fit). I later put SS braided lines on and had them made a little longer than stock..

Yours will be fine.

(the center piece, I made up for the GPS but have since removed it)

Last edited:

XTremo

Reaction score
Visit site
Those SW Motech risers look real quality! Mine were only 29.99GBP so the quality was nothing special.....but they fitted, so that's fine by me!

2nd childhood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Those risers look nicer than mine and are cheaper $. 1" up and 1" back, NO issues with cables, lines, wires, etc.

I have 1" up, 1"& 3/8" back. I did have to finagle the front brake line some as it was a bit tight(but those still fit). I later put SS braided lines on and had them made a little longer than stock..

Yours will be fine.

(the center piece, I made up for the GPS but have since removed it)

How's the handling with that installed? I bought a similar setup but have started having second thoughts on installing it. I'm not bad-ass rider or anything (only been to the track once) but while I'd like a bit more upright position, I absolutely love the way she handles now. Thanks...

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
How's the handling with that installed? I bought a similar setup but have started having second thoughts on installing it. I'm not bad-ass rider or anything (only been to the track once) but while I'd like a bit more upright position, I absolutely love the way she handles now. Thanks...

I'm 55 years old and DON'T do the lay down thing, never have. The stock set up was too forward for me, my arms/wrists started hurting after a 1/2 hour. My old, 2004 FJR, I put 1.25" risers on it too.

If I'm not comfortable, it doesn't really matter how it handles, I need to be comfy on it first and foremost.

I initally tried the 1" up only and that helped a bit, but not enough. With these, I can ride all day.

For the few twisties I can find down here, just lean forward and do your thing.

I haven't had any issues, my side stand is worn down a bit, so the bikes going over as far as it can go (short if pulling the sidestand off)..

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I'm not 55, and my damn back hurts when I go for long rides. So there. :)

Bar risers are making their way onto my mod list, but a Spencer seat mod is first.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I'm not 55, and my damn back hurts when I go for long rides. So there. :)

Bar risers are making their way onto my mod list, but a Spencer seat mod is first.

Spencer modded my seat, excellent work, very, very knowledgable guy. It took longer to ship across the state than to modify....:thumbup: