Another streetfighter question..

sanchez1391

Reaction score
Visit site
Do I mount my headlight on the fairing stay or do I mount it directly on the fork?? Which would be better? And another dilemma..If I mounted it on the fork, where should I put the speedometer and what should I use to make it stay? I'm pretty new at this, thank you all in advance for your help and input.

-Dan

P.S.. What do you think of this light? I'd paint it red to match my bike and I've seen some similar ones on here. Thanks!!

Universal Naked Fairing Headlight Fiberglass: eBay Motors (item 330437684846 end time Jun-26-10 10:33:02 PDT)

Last edited:
Looks good even though an H8 might be a bit too dim (35W) if you do a lot of night riding...

You will have to mount it on the forks (using universal 43mm fork brackets)... there are various ways of mounting the speedo... you can use a couple of clamps and mount it directly to the handlbar, or a better solution is to make your own bracket plate and mount that to the top triple...

Again, spend some time going through some build threads in this section... there are dozens of ppl who posted about their custom headlight/speedo mounts...

+1 on mounting to the forks. Don't be surprised when you get that headlight that you'll have to fabricate your own bracket that connects to the headlight and the fork bracket. I got mine and was dumbfounded. I was scratching my head asking myself where are the brackets. Nope sorry try again, welcome to the REAL world of modifications and fabrication and goodbye to simple bolt on accessories.

Same goes for the speedo bracket. If you are keeping the handle bars, you could use the bracket that is used with the FZ6N kit. If you are getting rid of the handle bars and going clipons, you'll have to do some self fabricating.

Good luck and however you go, keep us update and show us some pics :)

+1 on mounting to the forks. Don't be surprised when you get that headlight that you'll have to fabricate your own bracket that connects to the headlight and the fork bracket. I got mine and was dumbfounded. I was scratching my head asking myself where are the brackets. Nope sorry try again, welcome to the REAL world of modifications and fabrication and goodbye to simple bolt on accessories.

Same goes for the speedo bracket. If you are keeping the handle bars, you could use the bracket that is used with the FZ6N kit. If you are getting rid of the handle bars and going clipons, you'll have to do some self fabricating.

Good luck and however you go, keep us update and show us some pics :)

Dude I glanced at your picture just for a sec and I saw RIP under your picture, scared the crap out of me lol.

Back