Anybody going to Indy this weekend for MotoGP?

aafo

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm going and this will be the first time to Indy and first big time motorcycle race, been to a couple CCS races, so any advice on where to stay where to sit, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, I'll be there. Staying at a Comfort Inn by the airport. Seats are in a suite! Same a last year, except without a hurricane coming thru (I hope). I'll be on the FZ6 (red). Indianopolis does a First Class job of putting this on. You won't be disappointed. Unfortuantely, it will set the bar so high, you'll never want to go to a NASBike (AMA) race!!

nextfriday

Reaction score
Visit site
Guess i'm spoiled as i live in indianapolis. I saw a lot of bikes coming into town already last weekend. Some friends and I will check out the freestyle events happening around town and the sea of bikes on meridian street downtown both friday and saturday nights. May hit practice, not so interested in the race. I'll be curious to see how "opened armed" the city is for this weekend, as i can compare it to the brickyard and 500 race weekends. So far i think they've done a piss poor job of hyping this weekend up, as i havent seen anything that would lead me to believe there is even a bingo game happening at the track this weekend. The culture here is different though, most that live in the vicinity of the track are 4 wheel crazed, beer guzzling, wife beating, slobs. I said most, not all. Have fun.

MG-242

Reaction score
Visit site
Indy is the only MotoGP that I've been to (last year) and I thought they did a great job. I understand they have practice with much larger crowds, but traffic control around the speedway was done well. The hotel we stayed at last year had a free cookout with drinks on Saturday night and a shuttle to and from the speedway. It looks like they are getting ready for this year - check out Soup :: Signs of a Coming Grand Prix In Indianapolis.

blchandl2

Reaction score
Visit site
I went last year and thought they did a very good job. It was better than any IndyCar or NASCAR race I have attended.

I will be there this year too.

aonello3

Reaction score
Visit site
i went last year and it was amazing. cant wait for this year! flying out from NJ first thing friday morning. camping next to the track too, a lot of ppl did that last, as did we. it was one of the coolest events i've ever been to. waking up to the sound of bikes roaring! woooooo

Chillin

Reaction score
Visit site
For those that went last year how are the general admission tickets? Worthwhile or should I be looking at assigned seats?

Thanks

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have general admission tickets. We're shooting for the spectator mounds infield. We flew in from CA for the occasion!