Anybody in Reno/Tahoe area?

hot4teach

Reaction score
Visit site
My wife and I are spending some time at Lake Tahoe next month and I want to check out some cycle shops. What's the biggest, baddest shop in the area? I'm wanting to try on a lot of gear(pants, helmets, boots, etc.) Any help would be great.

Last edited:

tahoedragon

Reaction score
Visit site
The largest shop is Michaels Cycle Works. They have a large gear selection, but finding your size is somtimes a crap shot... :(

michaelscycleworks.com

Honda would be my next stop...

bigvalleyhonda.com

And Road Rider of Reno is a good mom and pop shop, but small...

roadriderofreno.com

Michaels has great deals and sales. If you're lucky, you'll find something that was mistaged and marked down by 25-50%... (Got my Domain 2 helm that way :D) 60% of my gear shopping is from kneedraggers.com, because they usually run out of my size and 80% of the gear is cheaper...

Also, a lot of vendors will be here for Street Vibrations... (September 24 - 28, 2008)

Hope this helps...

alpinematt

Reaction score
Visit site
One other place worth checkng out because it's a fun ride getting there is Sierra Yamaha in Chilcoot CA. I' ve been up there once and it was closed on a Sunday, so I haven't seen there selection. Might be worth the ride.

matt

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
With the right job opportunity, I could be!!! ;) Well, so long as it isn't *really* like Reno 911.... :rof:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My wife and I are spending some time at Lake Tahoe next month and I want to check out some cycle shops. What's the biggest, baddest shop in the area? I'm wanting to try on a lot of gear(pants, helmets, boots, etc.) Any help would be great.

Why would you want to spend all that money buying all that gear when you live in Oregon. You'll probably save a lot of money just in paying no sales tax alone. Gear is very expensive. You're probably looking around 8% sales tax in California and maybe in Nevada too.

hot4teach

Reaction score
Visit site
Why would you want to spend all that money buying all that gear when you live in Oregon. You'll probably save a lot of money just in paying no sales tax alone. Gear is very expensive. You're probably looking around 8% sales tax in California and maybe in Nevada too.

I don't want to buy gear. I just want to try it on. That way I can tell the wife what I need for Christmas. The bike shops in my area are all small. 10 helmet styles at the most, 3 or 4 boot styles, etc.

yamaha rider87

Reaction score
Visit site
michaels reno powersports has the largest selection of gear i've found, prices are a little outta wack but if your just looking to try stuff on that's where i'd go....when your gonna be up here if you wanna go for a ride lemme know! me and lattin25 started riding together every weekend and alpinematt's gonna be joining up too, it'd be tight to roll 4-5 fz6's all together!

hot4teach

Reaction score
Visit site
michaels reno powersports has the largest selection of gear i've found, prices are a little outta wack but if your just looking to try stuff on that's where i'd go....when your gonna be up here if you wanna go for a ride lemme know! me and lattin25 started riding together every weekend and alpinematt's gonna be joining up too, it'd be tight to roll 4-5 fz6's all together!

Unfortunately the FZ won't be making this trip. We have to drop the kids off in Chico and then make our way to Tahoe.