anyone have an fz6 triple laying around?

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
if you do, i was wondering if you could measure something for me. how long is the neck tube from the bottom tree to where the threads start? and can you give an approximation on the diameter of the neck tube?

i'm seriously contemplating moving my '06 fz6 front end over to my cx500 cafe project.

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have exactly what you need! Sadly, I am traveling for work and can't get to it until next Monday :(

I had to make a drawing so I could have the ZX6 stem machined properly. If i remember correctly, the lower shaft (@ the lower bearing) is Ø30mm Nominal, and the upper portion of the shaft (@the upper bearing) is Ø25mm Nominal.

That's all I have right now but I will post a Adobe PDF version of the drawing when i return.

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

My bad!! I completely forgot about this thread.

Without further adieu; please find the attached steering stem sketch. I apologize for the dual-dimension styles (Standard & Metric)...I must have been drinking :)

I will try to convert this over to CAD in the next week or two.

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
don't worry about converting anything. that's good enough. i went ahead and took a gamble and got an '03 r6 triple for $25.00 shipped. i know i'll need different bearings, but i wanted to get an rough idea of it fitting before i ordered everything to find out it's not even possible. this is all i need.

again, thanks.