Anyone installed LED Signal Mirrors? What brand do you recommend?

Pittmania

Reaction score
Visit site
I feel like some integrated running lights/turn signals up high where the mirrors are would drastically improve my visibility to other cars at night. Has anyone replaced their mirrors with ones that have integrated turn signals/running lights? Just plug where the current signals are? What are your thoughts/experiences?

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
I feel like some integrated running lights/turn signals up high where the mirrors are would drastically improve my visibility to other cars at night. Has anyone replaced their mirrors with ones that have integrated turn signals/running lights? Just plug where the current signals are? What are your thoughts/experiences?

I tried with some cheap knock offs off of eBay, I didn't like, so, changed to handlebar mounted mirrors; but I prefer, check the Suzuki GSX-R's whether they will fit.
I like the look and functionality of those.
Try joining the gixxer forums and see if someone selling those.

upshiftoverdrive

Reaction score
Visit site
The FZ6 mirrors use 2 bolts to mount to the fairing. All the cheap Chinese ones I see online just use one bolt and it might not even be the right size, I'm not sure. Mounting them up would be a pain. But as far as replacing your OEM turn signals it isn't quite that simple. Most aftermarket signals just come with a positive and negative wire with bullet style quick connectors. Meaning, you will have to get some adapters to plug into your bikes wiring harness OR cut and solder the old turn signal harness to your new signals. Beyond that the turn signal mirrors are only going to have 2 wires(like I mentioned before, + and -), whereas the stock signals are 3 wire. (+, -, and running). Either you can follow one of the tutorials online to wire in a relay that converts the 2 to 3 wires. Or you can simply wire them up to be turn signals losing the running light feature. Which I assume you don't want seeing as you want to be more visible. Personally the least amount of work will the biggest impact IMHO are POD lights wired to be running and alternate flashing of the standard signals. Tutorial here: Easiest FZ6 Pod light mod - driving light and alternate flash - NO RELAYS-NO DIODES!! - Sportbikes.net

But if you are set on the mirror signals I would recommend wiring the mirrors into the stock signals the same as the POD lights and keeping the standard signals too just like in the guide above.

Just my opinion, hope it helps!

[emoji1]

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

ErikNYC

Reaction score
Visit site
The FZ6 mirrors use 2 bolts to mount to the fairing. All the cheap Chinese ones I see online just use one bolt and it might not even be the right size, I'm not sure. Mounting them up would be a pain. But as far as replacing your OEM turn signals it isn't quite that simple. Most aftermarket signals just come with a positive and negative wire with bullet style quick connectors. Meaning, you will have to get some adapters to plug into your bikes wiring harness OR cut and solder the old turn signal harness to your new signals. Beyond that the turn signal mirrors are only going to have 2 wires(like I mentioned before, + and -), whereas the stock signals are 3 wire. (+, -, and running). Either you can follow one of the tutorials online to wire in a relay that converts the 2 to 3 wires. Or you can simply wire them up to be turn signals losing the running light feature. Which I assume you don't want seeing as you want to be more visible. Personally the least amount of work will the biggest impact IMHO are POD lights wired to be running and alternate flashing of the standard signals. Tutorial here: Easiest FZ6 Pod light mod - driving light and alternate flash - NO RELAYS-NO DIODES!! - Sportbikes.net

But if you are set on the mirror signals I would recommend wiring the mirrors into the stock signals the same as the POD lights and keeping the standard signals too just like in the guide above.

Just my opinion, hope it helps!

[emoji1]

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Here's a simple mod I use. Blinker Genie for Run and Turn with LED Signals on Motorcycles – Custom LED