Anyone see the new Honda line up?

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i tell you what, if that 350 yamaha was out last year i wouldnt have a fz right now, i think it'd be a great starter bike

I'd still have my FZ, but that RD looks way cool and could be the perfect starter bike for my little guy (18 year old). I can jump on it for a quick spin every now and again.

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
The CB500X could be interesting if it would give me more leg room, but I'd miss the FZ6 top end punch and power for two-up riding.

I really like the styling of the classic CB1100, but at 500+ lbs, 3.9 gallon gas tank and a $11,000 price I am not really interested. The Kawi W800 would be a better bet for a retro.

Promising new bikes from Honda as I think they are responding to the success Ducati ,Triumph and BMW have had by offering a wider range of models. Look for a classic Airhead from BMW soon and a possible competitor to the Diavel.

Now, for Yamaha to come back out with a light weight RD350. That might interest me or better yet a 750 Super tenere.
Yamaha RD 350 4 stroke to be launched in 2013

RD...4 stroke? That's a shame! If it was 2 stroke... I will have one of those sucker in my garage right away! I rode one of those back in the days. I just can't explain how mind blowing it is to hammer the throttle on one of those...

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Corrrect. 2 cylinders with 4 valve heads and fuel injection. Sounds like a modern design compared to some of the other manufacturers designs.

Mehhh...my 1973 Yamaha TX500 was the same configuration. It will be appliance like.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk 2

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
Now, for Yamaha to come back out with a light weight RD350. That might interest me or better yet a 750 Super tenere.
Yamaha RD 350 4 stroke to be launched in 2013

The article says 4 stroke but those pictures show a 2 stroke engines sitting in in those chassis.

The days of 2 stroke screamers are over :(

Anyone remember the RZ350?

Yamaha_RZ350_of_1985.jpg

Last edited:

TSRBrad

Reaction score
Visit site
The article says 4 stroke but those pictures show a 2 stroke engines sitting in in those chassis.

The days of 2 stroke screamers are over :(

Anyone remember the RZ350?

Yamaha_RZ350_of_1985.jpg

Remember? Heck yeah. I had one.

Desmogged with aftermarket pipes and reeds. Way fun. It was pretty docile til about 6 grand but when it hit, you'd better hang on because it would SCREAM! Not a bike you'd want to ride real far as it was pretty buzzy.

Some people love the sound of the big v-twins. Me? Give me the crackle of a 2-stroke any day.