Anyone up for a tour of Tassie!

Hey Taz....yes i have forgotten your name! :eek: What do you know about this joint....

Country Club - Tasmanian Classic Touring

Has just had a big write up in Australian Road Rider this month...

Am thinking we may need a couple of "bases"...somewhere we can leave our gear, and come back to at the end of each days ride...so we dont have to lug the kitchen sink wherever we go!

Or maybe some suggestions for a couple of decent spots to use as a "base" for some decent riding!

:thumbup:

It's Gerard but I don't mind being called most things. Country Club would be a good base for the Northern stay of your trip, Launceston is smack bang in the middle of everything up there and their touring routes sound ok. You probably would get away with 2 bases, one North and one South. But if I were you I'd stay atleast one night on both the East and West Coast. There are plenty of places to stay at in both Strahan and Queenstown in the west. Strahan is a little less of a bogan paradise. On the east there are plenty of places to stay, look for accom in Bicheno, St Helens or Swansea.

In Hobart I'd stay close to the waterfront, it's expensive but you will get a beautiful view and you can walk to Salamanca, city etc. Hotel Grand Chancellor, Quest Hotel, Henry Jones, Sullivans Cove apartments. Or you can come out to the Northern Suburbs where I am and stay at the Moorilla Pavillions, which is set on a winery/brewery:D

My place is always available for gear if needed when in Hobart.

We've been checking out places to stay and the ferry etc.

I am VERY excited now I have made the decision.

I wonder if Mikes XJR will keep up with us LOL

Ohh Puhleeeeeease :shakehead: :shakehead: Where's the challenge ?? :D

Lol....somehow i get the feeling Mike will be fine! ;)

As for You Humpy.....you should get ya butt down south for this one! :D:D:D

Just about to start looking for places to stay now...

Looking at Map....Maybe Launceston, St Mary's, Hobart, Queenstown as bases??? or even Burnie??? or Devonport???

Where are the best restaurant's...that could be a good starting point to work from??? Hang on, maybe proximity to glorious bends could be a stronger consideration????!!!!

And Kazza, did you check out all those links to published rides through Tassie...there are truckloads of them!

:D

That link you sent for accomodation - looks like a nice place. And some of the villas had corner spas :D

Had a look at a few of the rides - can't wait. Looks like a beautiful place.

That link you sent for accomodation - looks like a nice place. And some of the villas had corner spas :D

Had a look at a few of the rides - can't wait. Looks like a beautiful place.

Yeah, it looks like a logical place to stay at one end....maybe 4 nights...the rest in Hobart??? keep it simple???

And yes, the Villa Suite is definitely the option i would choose! :thumbup:

Sounds good. Splitting between Launceston and Hobart gets us a good tour of Tassie.

We're trying to work out at the moment if we fly/truck bikes to Adelaide, then hire a van and drive back to Perth from Adelaide. Lots of options. I'll email you what we are thinking of doing later in the week and how it matches into what ideas you have. We'll put our plans together and see how close we get :thumbup:

Sounds good. Splitting between Launceston and Hobart gets us a good tour of Tassie.

We're trying to work out at the moment if we fly/truck bikes to Adelaide, then hire a van and drive back to Perth from Adelaide. Lots of options. I'll email you what we are thinking of doing later in the week and how it matches into what ideas you have. We'll put our plans together and see how close we get :thumbup:

Sounds like a plan! :D

I know :D

Didn't win the FZ1 at auction yesterday, so maybe that money will have to go towards PI and Tassie now, instead of a track bike (I'm not letting go of my kitchen :spank: - it will be renovated before too long)

Givi, that's what I now need - probably a V46. I'm watching a couple right now :D

I know :D

Didn't win the FZ1 at auction yesterday, so maybe that money will have to go towards PI and Tassie now, instead of a track bike (I'm not letting go of my kitchen :spank: - it will be renovated before too long)

Givi, that's what I now need - probably a V46. I'm watching a couple right now :D

Bugger, re the FZ1.....going back to Peter Stevens tommorow to get "Serious" about the Sprint GT!

Why oh why do Givi call it a V46! It just makes me wanna make Rossi jokes, and i am trying to be good! :D

Bugger, re the FZ1.....going back to Peter Stevens tommorow to get "Serious" about the Sprint GT!

Why oh why do Givi call it a V46! It just makes me wanna make Rossi jokes, and i am trying to be good! :D
I know. Play nice :D

That Sprint would tour Tassie quite nicely :thumbup:

I know. Play nice :D

That Sprint would tour Tassie quite nicely :thumbup:

Lol! Sorry...times up! :D I played dirty in another thread! :spank:

The Sprint GT would be awesome for Tassie...especially as i look like i will be the only one riding 2 up....watch out! i love riding 2 up through the twisties! and the Missus loves it too...ex motocross rider....no silly sitting up...she just goes where i go...

i must say i am a little bit excited about this trip!

Actually Givi V46 is a reference to Rossi. They come complete with makeup and alfalfa holders. Also has pillow and denture storage:spank::spank::D

Yeah, we're pretty psyched too.

Lots of planning to be done, and a few mods too :eek:

Now I'm off to look for that other thread..... :spank:

Yeah, we're pretty psyched too.

Lots of planning to be done, and a few mods too :eek:

Now I'm off to look for that other thread..... :spank:

Yes, re the mods, it is a decision now as to whether continue the mods on the FZ6, or stop, sell, and get the Triumph...the decision is not hard...Buying the Triumph is probably going to be cheaper than modding the FZ6 Touring Mule...although, i am hoping the Triumph Top Box is going to be available by February....as the Triumph website says it will be available early 2011, not at the same time as the bike is!

As for the other thread....too late, Mikey is here! :eek:

We will be going to the Superbikes at the same time - still working out details.

THE FOLLOWING ANNOUNCEMENT IS NOT FINAL.... :)rof:)
I THINK the supers are last weekend in Feb, we will leave Adelaide on the Thurs, ride down to the Island that day, leave the Island on the Monday and ride to the ferry in Melbourne, then a glorious week in the apple isle, then back to Melb, Adelaide and Perth :D

:D:D:D

We will be going to the Superbikes at the same time - still working out details.

THE FOLLOWING ANNOUNCEMENT IS NOT FINAL.... :)rof:)
I THINK the supers are last weekend in Feb, we will leave Adelaide on the Thurs, ride down to the Island that day, leave the Island on the Monday and ride to the ferry in Melbourne, then a glorious week in the apple isle, then back to Melb, Adelaide and Perth :D

:D:D:D

Sounds pretty close to the outline...I can't leave Adelaide till Thursday morning as I have a big gig every Wednesday night...and can only get one Wednesday night off!

Sounds pretty close to the outline...I can't leave Adelaide till Thursday morning as I have a big gig every Wednesday night...and can only get one Wednesday night off!

Remember to check on that other once a year gig that rears its ugly head around then too...lol. Don't wanna get taken by surprise again...lol.:thumbup:

Remember to check on that other once a year gig that rears its ugly head around then too...lol. Don't wanna get taken by surprise again...lol.:thumbup:

Yes, that sort of put our trip to the Supers a full day behind this year....

Wont be letting that happen again this time....i dont need the stress!

Confirmed the time off work tonight in fact!

Back