Anyone up for a tour of Tassie!

That looks just fine to us. Newhaven is no probs. We can ride into cowes if we want, or stay at home in the evening and down a few bevvies.

I think we're pretty keen on the corporate tickets - done it each time so going to GA would not gel with us. We were at 2001 WSB when race 2 got cancelled due to flooding. Our friends were across the pits in general admission. We could see them in the torrential rain. We laughed and continued to stay dry all day whilst being waited on hand and foot with food and drink :D

That looks just fine to us. Newhaven is no probs. We can ride into cowes if we want, or stay at home in the evening and down a few bevvies.

I think we're pretty keen on the corporate tickets - done it each time so going to GA would not gel with us. We were at 2001 WSB when race 2 got cancelled due to flooding. Our friends were across the pits in general admission. We could see them in the torrential rain. We laughed and continued to stay dry all day whilst being waited on hand and foot with food and drink :D

Good with me on both counts....The Pubs in Sorrento (just over the Bridge, before you come onto the Island) are pretty decent, so if we wanna go somewhere for a drink...we can stagger there! Drinking back at the cabin...like! Maybe even a knock up feed on the Park Barbeque???

Corporate all the way i say! You got it one Kazz...dry, warm, and content! Plus you get a park right over the track bridge...can even see your bike from the corporate box!!!

All good Humpy???

If so, i will ring the Park tomorrow, and change my booking...Have been there 4 times now...no need for a deposit, they know that i pay in full upon arrival.

There is a Spa there, that is clean, and for private hire...ie: you dont have to share it with any other hairy biker types!

Oh, and there are lots of Wallaby's about the place...

:D:D:D

Ok here's a thought....

Jamie & Jess choose the location in Hobart (Kel says that house in O'Possum Bay is a winner :drool:) & may never leave :D

Karen & Mike choose a place in the Launceston area & Kel & I choose the Strahan place ??? Anybody see any flaws here ??

Alternatively we all pick 1 place in each location & have it drawn out of a hat ??

Ok here's a thought....

Jamie & Jess choose the location in Hobart (Kel says that house in O'Possum Bay is a winner :drool:) & may never leave :D

Karen & Mike choose a place in the Launceston area & Kel & I choose the Strahan place ??? Anybody see any flaws here ??

Alternatively we all pick 1 place in each location & have it drawn out of a hat ??
Agreed, and already emailed :D

Ok here's a thought....

Now, i am just a DJ, so you have to go slow sometimes...which is the house in O'Possum Bay (cool name!), i am confused...

:confused:

I just had a look on google maps...that place at OPossum Bay, whilst i appreciate it's beauty, and location, it is a long way from the bright lights of the biggest city in Tasmania....and i reckon we will want easy access to the Cafe's, Bellerieve Oval :D, Pubs, Restaurants....

It's a good 30 km's out of the city...

Jess and i reckon it's 58161 for Hobart....nice views, great house, plenty of room to spread out too.

I reckon we "lock it in Eddie"!!!

:D

I just had a look on google maps...that place at OPossum Bay, whilst i appreciate it's beauty, and location, it is a long way from the bright lights of the biggest city in Tasmania....and i reckon we will want easy access to the Cafe's, Bellerieve Oval :D, Pubs, Restaurants....

Jess and i reckon it's 58161 for Hobart....nice views, great house, plenty of room to spread out too.

Yeah, I agree. I have sent them an email about availability - hopefully will get a response today.

58161 "Lock it in Eddie"

Accomodation in Strahan is limited but we are waiting on emails from Stayz

If they are not satisfactory then we may have to look elsewhere in the Strahan region..

58161 "Lock it in Eddie"

Accomodation in Strahan is limited but we are waiting on emails from Stayz

If they are not satisfactory then we may have to look elsewhere in the Strahan region..

Those "pickings" look rather slim.....what about Queenstown, or Cradle Mountain??? I am having a bit of a squizz at Northwest Tasmania right now...

:thumbup:

what about

or

69529....a cheaper option?, no additional charge for extra guests...

:thumbup:

Whoa planning has really jumped up a notch. I had a look at some of the places you are looking at and in Strahan I don't think you guys will find much better accomodation than what you have shortlisted so far, it's not a big place. Queenstown is a hole accomodation wise, the place looks beautifully eerie and its a must see but don't stay there. The road out of Queenstown (99 bends) is the best part of it.

As Wolfman said O'possum Bay wouldn't be very practical, it's a nice place, I go there for a massive bonfire party every January and there are some awesome houses on the beach but riding that road in the dark after a meal in the city would be hell. You are bound to come across a Wallaby or Roo on the neck at South Arm, and they have no where to run. The place you are giving the thumbs up to looks like a sweet house, looks like it could be in West Hobart, Dynnyrne or Sandy Bay. All very close to the city if it is and not a $90 cab fare back to O'possum Bay.

Whoa planning has really jumped up a notch. I had a look at some of the places you are looking at and in Strahan I don't think you guys will find much better accomodation than what you have shortlisted so far, it's not a big place. Queenstown is a hole accomodation wise, the place looks beautifully eerie and its a must see but don't stay there. The road out of Queenstown (99 bends) is the best part of it.

As Wolfman said O'possum Bay wouldn't be very practical, it's a nice place, I go there for a massive bonfire party every January and there are some awesome houses on the beach but riding that road in the dark after a meal in the city would be hell. You are bound to come across a Wallaby or Roo on the neck at South Arm, and they have no where to run. The place you are giving the thumbs up to looks like a sweet house, looks like it could be in West Hobart, Dynnyrne or Sandy Bay. All very close to the city if it is and not a $90 cab fare back to O'possum Bay.

Planning is screaming along nicely :D thanks for the useful insights mate , much appreciated :thumbup:... I looked at Queenstown accomodation & your right , very slim pickings :(..

Back