Anyone used the GoPro Chesty?

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
I have one, I like it for snowboarding and what not.

I've tried it on the FZ6 and it absolutely doesn't work. The only exception is if maybe you have poor body position.

The problem is your constantly changing your forward lean angle on a motorcycle, in a corner or accelerating your leaning quite far forwards, braking your sitting up, cruising your sitting up.

Do you see where I'm going here?

I've attached the typical view to be expected from the chesty. However, this is just a screen grab, 90% of the time the view is of the gas tank and the gas tank only in a corner. On the straights it actually looks pretty good though.

chesty.jpg

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was thinking of getting one for my trip to Italy when we will be on Yamaha T-Max scooters.I have a side mount but that means sticking a mounting point on the bike.

ShoopCE

Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I WANT the shoulder mounted version based on the Predator movies. And it's gonna have to have the laser range finder.

Predator Laser Gun.jpg

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sure have. Here's a vid taken a few years back. I like the Chesty a lot for upright, not so aggressive riding. Seems to capture a bit more of the riding experience.

https://youtu.be/qCjqasNrz88

That's not too bad, on a scooter the sitting position is more upright so it might work, but I'd like to be able to use it on the Fazer as well.

Good looking road too!