Are my blinkers broken?

KnuckleBallz

Reaction score
Visit site
Messing with the bike this weekend really made me notice how new it is to me, and how little I know about it...

My front blinkers have a bit of illumination at all times. When I signal one way or another, the correct one flashes but the other still stays on (at a very dim, barely noticeable level).

I feel like this isn't dangerous, but it's definitely weird. Back blinkers work fine. Only thing I've done to the electrical was take the battery in and out, and install the fender eliminator kit that is sold on this forum.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't see what bike you have.

On the FZ6 Stock OEM front turn indicators there are 2 filaments in one bulb. One filament is a running lamp filament and the other is your turn indicator. The rear turn indicators only have one filament in the bulb.

When your key is on, you should see a light lit on the left and right front turn indicators. When you put the turn signal on you should see it light brighter while the running light filament stays on. On the rear the light goes completely out.
:)

KnuckleBallz

Reaction score
Visit site
I have an 04, but that's the situation I'm working with. Only my second bike, and my other one didn't do it so I wasn't sure.