Arghhhh I'm down this evening , lost my guard on the cars

cmantis

Reaction score
Visit site
Speedy recovery.

What camera and gps setup is that. It is really cool however I can't tell if it would be a good idea for me to use that or not depending on how I am riding that day... Would need a quick erase button perhaps.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Totally agreed and taken this advice as well...my riding style was counting number until yesterday it resulted in crash. if I didn't try to pass the second yellow-changing-red light, I could have now rebuilt my brake's seals...part of me was glad this accident happened as it was a wake up call to change the way I rode definitely. It could have been worse if it was on the freeway while I sped 50-60mph (given how serious the accident was in 33mph

I'm really unsure if the bike is safe to ride and what cost will be required to repair it to the point for safe riding again! I have $1000 deductible and $bike was $3500 when I bought it 18 months ago :rolleyes:

I re-posted the video now included the GPS/speed! it's 33mph when I hit that car!

Add some time for lag of gps and your at nearly 40mph.

How are feeling at this point? You gonna be ok?

2007Z6ALL-LED

Reaction score
Visit site
Add some time for lag of gps and your at nearly 40mph.

How are feeling at this point? You gonna be ok?

Yes I can walk a little bit more comfortably today. My hip's been bruised pretty bad and caused numbness half butt and pains down to the thigh. I think this will take one or two week recovery.

Too bad, my 5 year old son gave me a statement "papa should drive a car. Car cannot fall, motorcycle falls". My 7 year old daughter told me "papa, you should not drive motorcycle because I don't want to see your leg bleeding, it's hurtful". I towed my bike home yesterday afternoon and they both told me that I shouldn't ride the motorcycle again.

I will stay away from bike maybe from now and don't know when I might be back.You guys here are really helpful,caring compare to other sites I had been on before ...I won't be gone from but will check in & out sometimes later.

Thanks so much for all, every members and who every helped to answer some troubles I ever got to ask...special thanks to FI/Scott who will be there for everyone if there's ever a question about any issue of FZ6..!

Last edited:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad your still around with likely NO major/permanent injuries..

BTW, if your not in a hurry, you' do much better buying used parts here (bikes being parted out). Stock forks are cheap, so are a bunch of the other parts needed.

Maybe going naked will save a bunch of $ too.

**I'd be checking the frame REAL CLOSE for hair line cracks, especially around the main swingarm bolt and farther back as well as the "engine mounting arms" and around the triple on the frame. The wreck doesn't look that hard an impact but to bend the fork and the other hard parts took a very hard hit...

While your laid up, peek at the used parts section as see what's available...

Gotta get back on the horse!

Dry Martini

Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, I admitted that I was aggressive and recklessly riding in that traffiic, not only that night but every time go to work.

I didn't have chance to thank the good lady Samaritan there. I was laid down, the bike fell to the left, I felt lucky and unlucky there was sidewalk there. It prevented me to hit the tree and stopped the bike from grinding my left leg. But my lower back hip banged to sidewalk... Luckily no bones broken and only bruises now getting swollen argh!!

The UCLA social medical nurses asked for who they should call, I told them not to so I could call my wife to the rescue. They said all motorcycle guys said the same thing not to call their loved ones know they're in trouble [emoji20]

No more no more, I should stay away from those but I rode too dangerously in that traffic and I didn't realize until... I was rushing, speeding, passing too close, riding too close ,,, to the cars. I kept watching the video and felt lucky I was crashed before the tree. The paramedic guy said luckily I didn't hit to the three maybe I would've been 6 ft under.

About gears,

Helmet is gone. Others, please don't use modular. If I did , my left jaw would have gone...Shoei pretty good helmet, didn't feel headache. The moment they opened my helmet, I thanked Gods that I used a decent one protected me good!

Uh, by modular, do you mean a flip up helmet? If so, you have no data to determine that sort of helmet would not have offered the same level of protection. Now if you are talking of an open face helmet, I agree. They offer far less protection in certain instances.

Leave the F.U.D. out of any equipment assessment.

This space intentionally left blank.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
My flip up Schuberth helmet served me very well sliding down the tarmack at 55mph when Bambi took me and my FJR down hard. It has 2 grind marks from the pavement, one in the left chin area and the other above my left ear but not a scratch on me and no head injuries.

I replaced it with a Shoei Neotech flip up.

Dry Martini

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes I can walk a little bit more comfortably today. My hip's been bruised pretty bad and caused numbness half butt and pains down to the thigh. I think this will take one or two week recovery.

Too bad, my 5 year old son gave me a statement "papa should drive a car. Car cannot fall, motorcycle falls". My 7 year old daughter told me "papa, you should not drive motorcycle because I don't want to see your leg bleeding, it's hurtful". I towed my bike home yesterday afternoon and they both told me that I shouldn't ride the motorcycle again.

I will stay away from bike maybe from now and don't know when I might be back.You guys here are really helpful,caring compare to other sites I had been on before ...I won't be gone from but will check in & out sometimes later.

Thanks so much for all, every members and who every helped to answer some troubles I ever got to ask...special thanks to FI/Scott who will be there for everyone if there's ever a question about any issue of FZ6..!

I would keep riding. What do kids know?

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Uh, by modular, do you mean a flip up helmet? If so, you have no data to determine that sort of helmet would not have offered the same level of protection. Now if you are talking of an open face helmet, I agree. They offer far less protection in certain instances.

Leave the F.U.D. out of any equipment assessment.

The flip up helmets, also known as the modular helmet, most are not SNELL approved because it failed the front impact test. I think the OP impact area was the chin bar hitting the curb of the sidewalk? Having a modular helmet may have worked too, but there was a possibility that it may have not.

Dry Martini

Reaction score
Visit site
The flip up helmets, also known as the modular helmet, most are not SNELL approved because it failed the front impact test. I think the OP impact area was the chin bar hitting the curb of the sidewalk? Having a modular helmet may have worked too, but there was a possibility that it may have not.

As I understand it, the snell fiasco is not as simple as that. Snell's tests are suspect to begin with, and I do not put any faith in them. In fact my current and past helmet are not snell rated.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Snell is an independent tester that has set certain standards which is on the very high side. They take a helmet off the shelf, already manufactured and approved and either it passes or it doesn't. Even if it doesn't pass, as long it's certified by the D.O.T, it's still a quality helmet. It just doesn't have that Snell sticker.

Dry Martini

Reaction score
Visit site
Snell is an independent tester that has set certain standards which is on the very high side. They take a helmet off the shelf, already manufactured and approved and either it passes or it doesn't. Even if it doesn't pass, as long it's certified by the D.O.T, it's still a quality helmet. It just doesn't have that Snell sticker.

Exactly.

looshin

Reaction score
Visit site
Speedy recovery.

What camera and gps setup is that. It is really cool however I can't tell if it would be a good idea for me to use that or not depending on how I am riding that day... Would need a quick erase button perhaps.

Also interested in this camera/GPS setup...

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Also interested in this camera/GPS setup...

I asked the same question from a previous thread in which he posted a video. I PM'd him and here's the reply in case anyone is interested.

Hey there,
It's Sony action cam hdras100, it has GPS enabled. The software to produce and stamp GPS info onto the video recording, called Sony Playmemories. This As100 has integrated GPS, get this one! :)

They came out As200 but the GPS got separated from the video device so gotta get live view remote to record GPS latitude, speed, direction, I don't like this as200 as my AS100 does all that, it also get cheaper now!

Hope it helps!

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
Things to take home from that video:

you should have stopped for that red light, it wasn't even close

don't overtake on junctions

don't filter faster than you can stop

cars had brake lights on, even though they didn't indicate, meaning something was up and they were likely to randomly turn, especially given the junction

You also tried to pass it on the inside, when filtering I stick to the outside lanes, and try and be slow and predictable.

best of luck with the healing, and hope you have a speedy recovery

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
If a car brakes, is going unusually slow, looks lost, or driving erratically, then it should set your spider sense tingling. They might turn into a driveway, u-turn, or do some sort of manoeuvre, without looking or using their turn signals.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Heal up buddy!

Prayers and good thoughts headed your way from all of us reading this I'm sure.

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Hoping for a speedy recovery for you. Take rest for few days and start riding.
Everything happens for good sake.
As TownsendsFJR1300 said, I think its time for Naked conversion.

dbldutch02

Reaction score
Visit site
Get better, and get back on - it seems a bit silly to quit just when you've learned some valuable lessons. You've taken the pain, now make the gains.