Austin Meet

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
I'm going to be in Austin around Thanksgiving and would love to meet up with anyone who might be around. Maybe hit Gingerman (assuming it's still open) or Mozart's (for something a bit more tame).

Anyone going to be about?

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey David, Gingerman is still there, pretty sure Mozart's is too. I haven't been down to the 6th-4th Street area in a long time. Drop me a line when you are in town. I am 99% I'll be here.

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
Sweet! I'll let you guys know when I have a better idea of the exact dates. Overall I'll be in TX from the 22nd of Nov to the 6th of Dec but I'm not sure when I'll be in Austin exactly.

A

Aggietaco

The Gingerman won't be around too much longer... in it's current location anyway. They're doing demo in my old office in my building to move it there. Not 100% on the date of the move, but the contractors are supposed to be done before t-giving.

So, I'll be up for meeting, and since I'll either be a half block away or right next door to the Gingerman, I'm game for that!

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
FYI - From the Gingerman website:

We've found a new home!

We've rented space at 301 Lavaca, a mere stones-throw away, and hope to move in by the end of the year. Plans have been made, and construction has started. We'll miss the 20-foot ceilings in this old warehouse, but we think we can make the new place just as comfortable and friendly. Our deep knowledge of beer, including how to properly store and serve it, and our commitment to providing excellent service, will continue in our new home.

A

Aggietaco

I was going to say, don't worry too much, they'll be 100 yards away from their old location. I'm just pissed because they took my corner office with a view of the "scenery" on Lavaca in the mornings. On the bright side, I won't have to leave my building for a beer.

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
Hey, I have another question. Any recommendations for a good motorcycle shop in Austin? I thought I might check it out to see if I could pick up any new kit while I'm there.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
Woods Fun Center has lots of stuff to look at, but the staff are all brain dead.
(some of the staff are also fun to look at. Those checkout girls, rawr!)

Lone Star BMW has a good collection of gear and goodies. The staff are excellent. The prices are set to BMW standard though. Normal price x 3.

Cycle Gear is nice too. They have no bikes, but they sell lots of gear. Low prices, good staff.

A

Aggietaco

I like Woods for checking out new stuff, then I go buy it from NewEnough.com. There are a few warm bodies there with some helpful information though.

Also, the Gingerman isn't making much progress, they just started this week on saw-cutting the slab to lay in new plumbing. I suspect they won't be done by the end of the year, especially if they keep fawking up our server room and causing $30,000 worth of damage at a time.

Kilbane83

Member With Members
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I'm down to play. Austin is just up the road a bit. Wouldn't be much for drinking though but would love to hang out and shoot some pool.. and the bull. Give me a heads up so I can plan accordingly. :thumbup:

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
Well I'm down to play. Austin is just up the road a bit. Wouldn't be much for drinking though but would love to hang out and shoot some pool.. and the bull. Give me a heads up so I can plan accordingly. :thumbup:

I've got a spare room in my house, so you're welcome to come up for the night.

Fred

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
Ok, well we are there the week of T'giving and can pretty much meet up anywhere. I only recommended Gingerman since I used to hang out there a lot.

A

Aggietaco

I'm game for whenever, though my parents just informed me they'll be flying in for the holiday, so I'll be doing a bit more entertaining than I expected.

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
Hi guys, I finally made it! I'll be in Austin until Monday morning so let's work out a time to meet up. What does everyone's schedule look like?