Bar end mirrors

mbdragon55

Reaction score
Visit site
I installed the fz6r bar and I noticed that that bar has threaded bar ends. I want to install bar end mirrors but I'm afraid that the mount most bar end mirrors come with won't fit in the handlebar ends. Any suggestions as to my best option.
I have tried looking but was unable to find a solid answer. Thanks in advance!

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
Those are nice!

I have also read about people drilling out the threads to install the regular expansion fit ones.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you want to keep your heavy bar ends (which help a great deal with canceling out handlebar vibration), the cheapest way is to move the controls and grips inboard approximately 1/2" and clamp the bar end mirrors right onto the bar ends.
I had this set up on my FZ6.. no issues. You do have to get used to a slightly narrower hand positioning.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Will these screw right in or is any modification required?

They will screw right in. See here: http://www.e-securedsite.com/rhinom...rFor=&collection=4|Barend Sliders and Mirrors

Just keep this in mind:
1. They are significantly lighter than stock (200 grams for RM, vs 300 grams for stock)
2. The cut-out part of the bar end is narrow. Works perfectly for CRG, but if you're hoping to go with inexpensive eBay mirrors, they won't fit. You'll need to do some filing/painting.

mbdragon55

Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered some rhinomoto with crg mirrors. We'll see what happens.

But I noticed that the way the switch levers fit into the holes in the bars, it leaves some extra part on the grip extended over the handlebars. Is that going to be ok for the bar ends ?

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered some rhinomoto with crg mirrors. We'll see what happens.

But I noticed that the way the switch levers fit into the holes in the bars, it leaves some extra part on the grip extended over the handlebars. Is that going to be ok for the bar ends ?

Yup, it'll be perfect, if you got the right RM part. They have the long 22mm part just past the threaded part, to sit under the grip.