Bar-End Weight removal?

Thbrtmn

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone done this? Im trying to replace it with the throttlemeister. Does it require an allen key or not? What size? Thanks

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone done this? Im trying to replace it with the throttlemeister. Does it require an allen key or not? What size? Thanks

put an allen key in there, give it a bit of a twist and see if it loosens up!

I would suspect that it will move. :)

As for size, try the ones that come in the tool kit or if needed buy yourself a set of them...they're handy to have about!! :)

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site

Yes it requires an allen key . I forgot which size but I used the one in my OEM tool kit.

I just replaced my bar ends with a Throttlemeister Friday and absolutely love it on my daily commute of 39 miles that take approx 50 minutes one way. The most difficult thing about the install is that you'll have to try different combinations of washers/spacers they give you till you get it just right. I found it amusing because they mention it in the instructions.

Let us know how it turns out cause I dig mine. :thumbup:

Thbrtmn

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys...Wow 8mm. I try a 4 too small, 5 too big...was thinking more along the lines of 4.5...anyhow I got it off with a little positive motivation...Couldnt find a 4.5 around the house to save my life. Its all good. Anyhow I got the ThrottleMeister hooked up and feels like its working great. Will give it a test tomorrow. Hopefully do an install post too. ;)
Im in the same boat as you Mav...30 miles 1 way with 27 of those being freeway. Hand gets numb mostly after a few miles in. I have been speeding up in the past and then just squeezing the clutch in and letting my right hand rest about 3 seconds and then sensation comes back. This should do the Job. Gotta road trip coming up this next weekend too so this should be right nice on the old Super Slab. Thanks guys for your help. Look for the ThrottleMeister install post w/ pics soon.
By the way Mav I have a red 2006 and mine seemed to work best with 1 of the thickest washers/shims coupled with the thinest supplied.
Have a good one guys :Sport:

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
That's cool you got it working. I ended up having to use two of the thick washers on my install. Shoot man you got plenty of daylight left, get out there and test it today ;) :rockon:

Thbrtmn

Reaction score
Visit site
Factory as far as I can tell. They are Black and taper at the end. They look just like the OEM listing picture in the parts catalog on PowersEdge. Crazy but true.

Last edited:

SirIsaac

My mind is going, Dave
Reaction score
Visit site
There seems to be confusion on what size allen wrench to use to remove the stock bar ends. I believe this is due to the fact that there are two hexagonal openings in the bar end: a small one that appears to be 4.5 mm or so in size which is down inside a large 8 mm one. I don't know what the small one is for, if anything, but I don't believe it is intended to be used to remove the bar end. It is not deep enough to provide sufficient "grabbing" surface to allow an allen wrench to apply enough torque to remove it. The faces of the hexagon also appear more rounded than a typical allen head. The 8 mm hexagon is plenty deep and the faces are straight. In case this is not clear, here's a picture:

Thbrtmn

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the claification Isaac. I'll make note of that in my ThrottleMeister install thread and I will use your picture. Thanks