Battery bolt ?

mjbzak

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok wonderful guys and gals of the forum i need some assistance. I had to take out my battery to charge it up the other day and of course lost one of my nuts into the nowhere. On a good note was afraid my battery was dead but after being on the tender for a few days seems to be holding a charge. On a bad note i need to get some new bolts and nuts and i was hoping i could get some suggestions on what i need. I would like some that are a bit longer because with the ones i have now i cant fit my pc3 terminal on the bolt and just end up wedging it between the battery and terminal. thanks in advanced.

ps would also take suggestions on how to keep the nuts from falling out

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok wonderful guys and gals of the forum i need some assistance. I had to take out my battery to charge it up the other day and of course lost one of my nuts into the nowhere. On a good note was afraid my battery was dead but after being on the tender for a few days seems to be holding a charge. On a bad note i need to get some new bolts and nuts and i was hoping i could get some suggestions on what i need. I would like some that are a bit longer because with the ones i have now i cant fit my pc3 terminal on the bolt and just end up wedging it between the battery and terminal. thanks in advanced.

ps would also take suggestions on how to keep the nuts from falling out

Go to your local MC shop, the mechanic's should have a bunch left over in their junk box. I know I have at least 5 or 6

Once you have the nut, either stick a piece of heat shrink UNDER THE NUT, (that holds it up) or a cut down piece of ear plug (its soft and will fit in that little spot trimmed down.

Sounds like you also need a slightly longer bolt for your PC terminal. Just make sure the longer one doesn't press on the case. If so, grind some off the threads.

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
yeah what Scott said: he's right on the money- could not have said it any better.
the only thing I'd add is to put some wring in for a battery tender- makes the next battery recharge a breeze