Best car/truck you've owned?

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Will obviously upload pictures as soon as the kiddo decides to make an appearance! Thought the storm we had in Boston lastnight would have pushed her into labor, but no dice.

How much snow did you end up with? They were hinting at "record breaking" totals......

And at least there's a Doctor in the house, just in case you couldn't make it to the hospital :thumbup:

Hope she has a smooth & uncomplicated delivery. I'm so excited for you!

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
Current car is my favorite (1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP, decent gas mileage, nice ride, cold A/C, and runs a 13 sec flat 1/4 mile), although I sure miss several I've had. The ones I miss the most are a 1983 Z28, 1972 Pontiac Lemans, and a 1972 big block Monte Carlo. Haven't seen a car I'd trade my Grand Prix for yet. There are several I'd love to have, but those are wish list cars :)

Last edited:

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
That's one slick W-body, I've always been a fan of them but I never realized there was a following for the 3800. I almost bought a 05 black impala SS a while back, it was pretty nice, some black rims, exhaust, and a few other things but when I test drove it, the tq steer with the automatic threw me off of it.

GTPAddict

Just a dude with an FZ6
Reaction score
theblattners.com
Thanks man! Sorry to hear about your problems with your bike. I've been reading and keeping up, just haven't really written a too much.

I haven't noticed the torque steer with mine. Maybe there was a problem with the alignment on the MC? There's not a whole lot on mine that's stock anymore, at least not as far as the engine goes. You can get good power out of them while still keeping the car very drivable as an every day ride. A buddy bought a 2013 Mustang Boss 302 a few months ago. 444 HP, pretty bad ass car. We ran them from 20 to 100 MPH a few weeks after he bought it. I knew I didn't have a chance but we wanted to see how they would do up against each other. We started side by side and when I hit 100 my front bumper was at rear tire. I did better then I thought :)

Good luck with you bike, hope it all works out!!

Last edited:

PurpleZJ

Reaction score
Visit site
I guess I'll finally chime in
This was my second car and easily my favorite:
1987 Pontiac Fiero 4cyl Automatic, Dad and I rebuilt it from the ground up. I had it mostly through highschool and about halfway through college before I sold it for something bigger. I regret selling it everyday.
P5040023.jpg

Then I got a 96 Jeep Grand Cherokee limited 6 cylinder automatic. It's gone from mild to wild in the past couple years.
Beginning
100_0760.jpg

middle
eb4f9f0b.jpg

DSC04405.jpg

current
5A19AAA3-D919-4EE8-88AB-F51D42979C30-2849-000001D11DD736A2_zpse2c08789.jpg

I love this jeep and can't see myself getting rid of it. I'm working on axle builds right now and finishing the rear suspension. I can't wait to get it going again I've missed driving it.
01 GMC sonoma 4cyl 5speed, this was my Dad's truck and I inherited it. We worked this truck hard and then the trans blew on me one day on the highway. I lost control and put it into the wall. It was a good truck and I miss it a little but I love my next truck
0605112027.jpg

And my current truck, 02 GMC Sierra 5.3 Automatic
I love love love this truck. It's big, it's loud, it has awful gas mileage and it drives like a dream. I put a 3" spindle lift on the front and a 2" block in the back to get rid of the 2wd stance. I got hit in a parking lot so I put the 03 front end on it.
B3B9C825-48A1-4288-990A-372204E94BC4-2849-000001D14C476756_zps0b271368.jpg

Honestly I feel lucky to say I haven't regretted a single vehicle I've owned so far, though some days I wish I had gone with a duramax instead of the 1500 gasser

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I kind of like my Toyota Tacoma Truck which is my 3rd one. She's a 1999 I bought new and now has 120,000 miles and looks like new still. V-6 automatic loaded with everything and my favorite KILLER STEREO in the world. My new ride is a 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid. Not getting the mileage yet (only 1000 miles on the odometer) but looks sweet, drives great and is very comfortable. I still preffer my FZ6 though any day! :rockon:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It would have to be my first "really nice" car (I'd just pinned on USAF Captain), my 1986 Saab 900 Turbo:

Saab900Decals.jpg

That's not my vehicle, but the closest pic I could find on the 'net, plus mine was a coupe/2-door. 1986, heated seats, ran like a scalded cat, sunroof, could change oil without touching your knee to the ground, best seats in the business, room for my 6'5" frame, and I put 210,000 miles on her before some jerk ran a red light...
I eventually got an '88 red 900 convertible (which we shall not discuss further) and now own a '91 9-3 SE convertible with 130,000 miles on her, easily a better car in every way but...
... that first 900 was special! :cheer:

GM, damn them, has allowed the Saab marque to die. I've been investigating eventual replacements (Lexus IS C, VW Eos, Caddie ATS if it ever comes out as a drop-top, BMW 3) but nothing really trips my trigger. Hope I can keep my current 9-3 going longer than I can keep myself going... ;)

EDIT: a (not very good) shot of my current ride:
DSC_0070.jpg

Last edited:

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
How much snow did you end up with? They were hinting at "record breaking" totals......

And at least there's a Doctor in the house, just in case you couldn't make it to the hospital :thumbup:

Hope she has a smooth & uncomplicated delivery. I'm so excited for you!

They are reporting about 2.5 feet in one night, but I think that's under-estimating. We had cars on our street so covered, you'd never know there was a car under there!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Best car I have owned is without a doubt my old 97 Ford Falcon Futura Sapphire 5 speed manual :drool:
Ford-Falcon-EL-main-1a-lr.jpg
lowered 2 inches , extractor , 2.5" exhaust & 18" rims :rockon: :rockon:

Most fun was easily my 1972 VH Valliant R/T Charger :drool: :drool: :rockon: :rockon: wish I still had it , the thing is now worth a FORTUNE :(

280px-Chrysler_VH_Valiant_Charger_R-T_HEMI_Six-Pack.jpg

Grainbelt

Reaction score
Visit site
Probably my '90 Accord EX. Black and tan, manual trans, every option but leather, and it was my college beater. 50k hard miles. Handled really well, motor was fun to wind out in 2nd and 3rd gear, but the salt was getting to it and I sold it with 180k miles on it.

i-L3XjfTT-L.jpg

It was the last generation Accord before they got big and heavy with an optional V6. I bought an '01 when I sold it, but it just wasn't the same.

I loved my Pathfinder too - slow, heavy, but would go thru damn near anything. I owned while I lived in Saskatchewan, it was a fantastic winter vehicle. Remote start and auto climate control, I was never cold. :D

i-BNqpwgk-L.jpg

Cars have gotten incredibly big, heavy, and overcomplicated. I have a little five-door Focus now, and it is decent, but I do miss that old Accord. The last of the really good Hondas, IMO.

Dresnewtoy

Reaction score
Visit site
Back in Jamaica (where i'm from) we import some pretty cool JDM cars. My favourite was a 1991 Toyota Corolla Levin Supercharged. Pretty fast car for the price. Some guys even added a turbocharger to make it twin-charged.
levin1_zps165acc47.jpg

levin2_zps7444c9e6.jpg

why_not_Zoidberg?

Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't owned that many cars, but i love my current Saabaru 9-2x Linear - AWD with manual transmission. it aint fast, but it does the trick

What I want: see above - WRX or WRX Sti (havent made up my mind yet) Wagon with manual transmission

The best car I've driven: '07 M5 Scary when stripped down to bare essentials

The car i'd like to try (but not necessarily own): TVR Tuscan

Truck/SUV i'd like to have: LR Defender 110 Hard Top

They don't make them automatics!:rockon:

STI FTW

If you're looking for a DD the WRX may be easier on your wallet for gas and insurance though.

CowtownBiomed

Reaction score
Visit site
Mine has to be my latest truck. Its a 05 Dodge Ram 3500 Singe rear wheel Cummins Turbo diesel..4X4, 4 door. full lenghth box.
Free flow intake, 5" stainless exaust turbo back, HD tranny with tripple plate torque inverter, Waste gate modded, with BullyDog PMT with custom tune..
Dyno'd 675BHP at 3000Rpm and 1014Ft lbs at 2800Rpm..:D (Ya its fun)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine has to be my latest truck. Its a 05 Dodge Ram 3500 Singe rear wheel Cummins Turbo diesel..4X4, 4 door. full lenghth box.
Free flow intake, 5" stainless exaust turbo back, HD tranny with tripple plate torque inverter, Waste gate modded, with BullyDog PMT with custom tune..
Dyno'd 675BHP at 3000Rpm and 1014Ft lbs at 2800Rpm..:D (Ya its fun)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

:sinister: My precious

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It would have to be my first "really nice" car (I'd just pinned on USAF Captain), my 1986 Saab 900 Turbo:

Saab900Decals.jpg

That's not my vehicle, but the closest pic I could find on the 'net, plus mine was a coupe/2-door. 1986, heated seats, ran like a scalded cat, sunroof, could change oil without touching your knee to the ground, best seats in the business, room for my 6'5" frame, and I put 210,000 miles on her before some jerk ran a red light...
I eventually got an '88 red 900 convertible (which we shall not discuss further) and now own a '91 9-3 SE convertible with 130,000 miles on her, easily a better car in every way but...
... that first 900 was special! :cheer:

GM, damn them, has allowed the Saab marque to die. I've been investigating eventual replacements (Lexus IS C, VW Eos, Caddie ATS if it ever comes out as a drop-top, BMW 3) but nothing really trips my trigger. Hope I can keep my current 9-3 going longer than I can keep myself going... ;)

EDIT: a (not very good) shot of my current ride:
DSC_0070.jpg

Is that the year Saab that had the rear wheel steering? As a kid, my neighbor's friend had a red Saab that did that, I think it was a 900. I loved that thing!

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
My beloved Protege5! Bought it brand new in April of 2004. 104k miles on it now. Still love it! :D

59871227.jpg