big ups to us!

jcbarr318

Reaction score
Visit site
Recently saw a great offer on 2007 VFR800 25th Anniversary Edition. Went to VFRWorld.com for some real-world ownership opinions. With a few exceptions, almost everyone on that site who responded to me was a total douche (apologies to the ladies reading). I mentioned on there that the peeps over at fz6-forum would never be such overwhelming asses. Even when someone asks an less intelligent question. I try REAL hard to be a "ride what you like, wear what you like" guy but I was shocked by the Honda arrogance I found. Aren't we all just riders at heart??? Anyway, thanks for always being helpful, polite, still funny at times, just generally pleasant. You guys rock.:rockon:

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
HAHAHA! Here's the thread!
sell me on a VFR!

Sorry for stalking you, but I couldn't resist.
Yeah, I'm a member of a few moto forums, and this one is the best.
The vfrworld forum seems pretty typical: internet gangsters that are always the first to post, lots of sarcasm, and finally the thread degrades to an off-topic discussion.
Just shoot back with a funny, semi-insulting joke and the internet gangsters will go away. Kinda like some wannabe bully on your first day at school.

Last edited:

jcbarr318

Reaction score
Visit site
Dang, I have a stalker. Going to have to reasses my opinion of fz6 forum. And I was so happy there for a minute.

I don't mind bullies really, notice how I attempted to withdraw from the fracas without throwing more "douche"-ness on the fire. I get it. I might of come off like a troll at first. My bad. Just never caught that kind of flack on here though.

zmeiaspas

The tall one
Reaction score
Visit site
Dont's sweat it and go ride (if possible) that VFR - you won't regret it :thumbup: Speaking from experience they are both wonderful bikes - the FZ is more sporty and nimble wherease the VFR is more comfortable (yes - even though it has clipons) and I would say a little smoother.

As for the guys @ VFR world - I thought most of them had meaningful answers but yet again I'm a resident member of SBN so I'm kind of used to sarcasm ... and A LOT of it :D

And yes you are right - this truly is the best motorcycle community I've come across so far!

Last edited:

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
ONE WORLD,ONE BIKE Jesus,sounds like something Hitler would've said! :D

I know the VFR isn't a bad bike,but the comment from one of the blokes that responded to you says it all - As one magazine put it, " it may not be the fastest, or the lightest, or the cheapest, or the quickest... it's just the best". :rolleyes:

Nice bike,but nice and Grey.I'm sure my Grandad would love it..............

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Read the thread - god, they are a**holes, aren't they?

As for the comment from the guy about "is it cool so I can join your cool club" - what a tosser.

FZ6 forum is the best. My hubby is on a few different forums and can't believe how friendly and informative everyone here is. Even if you ask a dumb question, they laugh at you and still help with the info you want.

We rock.......

C-bus Biker

Reaction score
Visit site
So what kind of oil do they use? :spank::spank::spank::spank:

This is a great forum and, after reading the other, I understand where you're coming from. This is actually the only forum that I participate in for just that reason. And, for what it's worth, the background color of our forum is so much easier on the eyes! You can tell the Admins have some maturity and sense about them.

Last edited:

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
FZ63-1.jpg

:D :D

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Recently saw a great offer on 2007 VFR800 25th Anniversary Edition. Went to VFRWorld.com for some real-world ownership opinions. With a few exceptions, almost everyone on that site who responded to me was a total douche (apologies to the ladies reading). I mentioned on there that the peeps over at fz6-forum would never be such overwhelming asses. Even when someone asks an less intelligent question. I try REAL hard to be a "ride what you like, wear what you like" guy but I was shocked by the Honda arrogance I found. Aren't we all just riders at heart??? Anyway, thanks for always being helpful, polite, still funny at times, just generally pleasant. You guys rock.:rockon:

You had to go to another forum to find out how groovy we are? Mate the forum chooses the member. If you had to go there to find out....sheese. We may not be the biggest forum...or have the blackest background, but we are the best....lol.:scared:

Sorry. Just practising for if I get a VFR and have to join their forum...lol.

You should've asked if they knew any good concreters, as you'd be having to reinforce your shed floor.....250kg?:eek: May not be the best bike but it must give the owner a tremendous sense of value, owning that much bike:BLAA:.

Would've made a sweet parting shot. I'll bet they are sensitive about the weight...lol.:D

How are you going with the investigation anyway? Getting any useful info? If all else fails, the wikipedia is an awesome spot to get technical details, and then maybe talk to folks on rides. They are usually happy to talk about their bikes.:thumbup:

Cheers
Mike

k1c

Reaction score
Visit site

So you're tuningforker?

Heyyy!!!!!! My Feelings Are Hurt! I'm a VFR guy (didn't respond to your post BTW) and spend a great deal of time over a VFRWorld. It's great place to be most of the time, but maybe not for the thin skinned, or those weak of will. Many of the posters are indeed crusty, vicious, arrogant, sarcastic, redneck, snot nosed bastards.............on a good day. So I'll apologise for all of 'em right here in public. I'll be pillloried and banned if anyone finds out!

Really though, the style over there is a little more gloves off, and edgy, than on a lot of forums, certainly more so than here on FZ6, but much, much nicer than on a number of forums I've frequented in the past. The members expect a certain amount of independence and willingness to do ones own research before posting, and to be very clear about ones circumstances, needs and 'ground covered to date'. That's partly because the average age of VFR owners is somewhere in the 40 to 60yo range, and I guess a lot of them simply ran out of patience yrs ago with the whippersnapper types over here on FZ6 ( That's except for Adirondack Jack who's an old fart too), or are now entering senility, doing their best to get by with what few functioning brain cells are left. Just like me!

OTOH........Very knowledgable, willing to help anyone (if you can nogotiate the initial ring of fire), brutally honest and frquently funnier than a cat on fire. And you should check out the Welcome page.

If you finally bought yourself a VFR then don't be afraid to come back to VFRWorld for sustenance. I'll know who you are at least, and I'd be happy to show you around...........Then have you drink the VFRW Koolaid. :thumbup:

And remember, One Bike One......Oh Sorry.

Two Bikes One World. :rockon:

Cheers :D

PS. That Gixxer rant looks familiar!!!!!!!!! ;)

jcbarr318

Reaction score
Visit site
That Gixxer rant wasn't me I promise.

The VFR dealer came up with 7300 OTD. I was thinking they could do better than that. Already a two-bike guy. Just love the look of that Freddie Spencer-ish 25th Anniversary Edition.

For the record, I hold no grudges against the VFRers. Just kind of took me by suprise. Motorcyclists can be a crusty bunch no matter their brand.

http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/newsandupdates/122_1002_the_neimoller_principle/index.html

Good article, in my opinion, on biker elitism.

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Honestly I didn't think it was that bad. The typical greeting on the Aprilia site is, "Yeah whatever, now F^CK OFF!" Tongue in cheek of course.

They so seem to be caught up in awards. If you need an award to feel good about a bike I think that kinda shows the mind set of the person. Who really cares?`

I've heard very good things about the newer VFRs. The bad points are maintenance costs and heat from the motor. They are very nice looking bike and have the great Honda quality. Unless of course its a CBR with a bad transmission or a Honda car with a killer airbag...

On the test ride thing, most dealers in the US don't allow them because some idiot will joy ride them, or dump them in the parking lot, and walk away. Then they're stuck fixing the bike. That said the Aprilia and Ducati shops will often have demo bikes and demo days. The big four, not so much.

k1c

Reaction score
Visit site
That Gixxer rant wasn't me I promise.

The VFR dealer came up with 7300 OTD. I was thinking they could do better than that. Already a two-bike guy. Just love the look of that Freddie Spencer-ish 25th Anniversary Edition.

For the record, I hold no grudges against the VFRers. Just kind of took me by suprise. Motorcyclists can be a crusty bunch no matter their brand.

The Niemoller Principle - Motorcyclist Magazine

Good article, in my opinion, on biker elitism.

If you really want a VFR check out craigslist for adds. Great deals come up there all the time, and if you need any advice on buying PM or email me. I'd be glad to help.

The Yellow '98 to 01 VFR's ( and especially the '00 ones) are without a doubt the sexiext, fastest and best looking, girls love 'em, you'll hit the lottery and score with Cindy Crawford ( Brad Pitt if you're a girl), if you get one and ALWAYS be the coolest guy on the block.

Errrr, sorry. I forgot where I was. :D

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't think they were technically that bad. I think you are just use to quality answers from here. Those guys posts showed how uneducated they were to their brand, bike and technology. They had no idea what they were talking about.

"ugg, me a man. get bike, good bike. ugg. Get on and ride. It good, fast. Best bike"

Yeah bro we know this......