Boneman's Bi-Xenon HID projector mod - In Progress

jmerch44

Reaction score
Visit site
Here are some "Finsihed" daytime pictures. I am working on some night time pics and video later tonight.

DSCF4889.JPG

New HID Mod page added to my site here: Boneman's FZ6 Site - Bi-Xenon HID Projectors

This is totally off topic, but I have a question. Is your front tire monted backwards? the tread looks like it would draw water into the center of the tire, which is pretty dangerous. Just curious.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Hmmm, I don't beleive so. Or should I say it shouldn't be. It was mounted up by a reputable dealership here in town (one I actually trust). I'll double check the "rotation direction" on the side when I get home though.

EDIT: Even the picture on Michelin's web site shows the front in this orientation.

ImageServlet

Last edited:

jmerch44

Reaction score
Visit site
Hmmm, I don't beleive so. Or should I say it shouldn't be. It was mounted up by a reputable dealership here in town (one I actually trust). I'll double check the "rotation direction" on the side when I get home though.

EDIT: Even the picture on Michelin's web site shows the front in this orientation.

ImageServlet

Cool, It just looks wrong, but I'm no expert.

nodaknodoubt

Reaction score
Visit site
Back on topic, does anyone (especially anyone in Northern California or western Nevada) wanna take this on? I need a "ballast buddy" or I guess a "projector partner". :eek:

s4mt3k

Reaction score
Visit site
ahhhhhh and I'm back haha. Haven't been on since last season and first thing i went back to is this thread. I never did it last yr but now I'm determined.

Who's in to split the equipment since we need to buy 2 sets of stuff?

Capo79

Viking spirit
Reaction score
Visit site
ahhhhhh and I'm back haha. Haven't been on since last season and first thing i went back to is this thread. I never did it last yr but now I'm determined.

Who's in to split the equipment since we need to buy 2 sets of stuff?

Dunno if these guys will ship to the states, but just send them a mail and ask. It's my bike that you see on the pic, and they're trust worthy. Here you can get two projectors, one of each type:

Produkt - Bixenon linselys - Dybvik Trading a/s

The site is in Norwegian though, and prices are in Norwegian NOK. Their mail address is [email protected]. Say hello from Andreas:thumbup:

sam5c

Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Update

Hey I liked your setup so I went along and I'm in the process of doing this but, I have these two wires that say "power caution light" and it's red and black coming out of the both the controllers for the h4 and h7. I was wondering where I'm supposed to connect this to. Any help is much appreciated.

sam5c

Reaction score
Visit site
Haha, which wire is the running lights wire?? and do I connect both the black and red wire to it?? Thanks Ozfazer for gettting back soo quickly!

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Haha, which wire is the running lights wire?? and do I connect both the black and red wire to it?? Thanks Ozfazer for gettting back soo quickly!

That I,m not sure about as the Oz bikes and the US bikes are wired a little differently.
I had pod lights as running lights so I just wired to them.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Boneman may not be on this site much any more. I haven't seen him post in quite a while

I have the 2.5" projector. I don't think the 3" would fit. it may be too large.
Go with a mini H1 projector. these are 2.5"

You can go with an Ebay kit
Stone 2 5" Mini HID Bixenon Projector Lens for H1 Bulb Car Gift Chrome Shround | eBay

or go more high end with a Morimoto kit
Bi-xenon: Morimoto Mini H1 6.0 - HID Projectors from The Retrofit Source Inc

Honestly all this stuff is made in China. you can source premium AC digital ballasts on Ebay for much less $. I am running these ballasts on both my car and bike and they work well.
1 Pcs Ultra Slim HID Xenon Premium Digital AC Digital 12V35W Replacement Ballast | eBay

Make sure you use a relay harness.

This project will take some research and a good bit of patience but the results are worth it

Hit me up with a PM if you have any questions

ozgurakman

Özgür Akman
Reaction score
Visit site
Boneman may not be on this site much any more. I haven't seen him post in quite a while

I have the 2.5" projector. I don't think the 3" would fit. it may be too large.
Go with a mini H1 projector. these are 2.5"

You can go with an Ebay kit
Stone 2 5" Mini HID Bixenon Projector Lens for H1 Bulb Car Gift Chrome Shround | eBay

or go more high end with a Morimoto kit
Bi-xenon: Morimoto Mini H1 6.0 - HID Projectors from The Retrofit Source Inc

Honestly all this stuff is made in China. you can source premium AC digital ballasts on Ebay for much less $. I am running these ballasts on both my car and bike and they work well.
1 Pcs Ultra Slim HID Xenon Premium Digital AC Digital 12V35W Replacement Ballast | eBay

Make sure you use a relay harness.

This project will take some research and a good bit of patience but the results are worth it

Hit me up with a PM if you have any questions

your suggested items are tighten with screws and need to cut some parts of headlight. Mine's are bolt-on, only requirement is taking apart headlight lens from headlight.
so when I investigate boneman's photos, they look like 3" much more than 2.5"... And thanks for advices :)