Bought Yamaha Tall windscreen. Puig for sale.

saveitk

Reaction score
Visit site
Guys, I finally broke down and bought the tall OEM windshield for my 04 FZ6.. I LOVE IT! My 6'6" frame meant the wind from any oem windscreen was buffeting me pretty bad. I added a smoked Puig windscreen which helped, but I was always intrigued by the tall Yamaha screen. So, $100 later, I took it for a spin today. WOW! At 80mph I feel streamlined! The wind races over my X-Eleven big ol'head! What a difference!

I have the Puig smoked screen for sale.. it's in great shape EXCEPT for where the previous owner slid on it.. so the side is a little filed down. In no way does it effect the fit or function.. it's fine. I'd take $50 for it.

I also have a brand new OEM shield, clear. Send me an offer fellas.

This is in the wrong section and I imagine it will get moved soon. However, now you've posted in the Mods section, let us know with words and pics what the difference is!

Ah wish we had got in touch before we spent our cash! I have the tall shield and have just bought the Puig double bubble to replace it as I don't like it (although I am a fair bit shorter than you!). The tall one sent the wind right into my face giving me loads of helmet noise - I find the Puig a lot better for me (not to mention the looks). Let us know how you get on with it. The debate over windshields continues....endlessly! :D

Guys, the Puig is now sold. Thanks!

In words and photos? Hmm, I'll have to shoot some with the new tall windshield on there... where can I find a model to lay across it? :)

We're dealing with high winds this week (and last) in Dallas. With the OEM or Puig I would have been miserable.. but this new one seems to help dramatically!

Wow! I didn't notice that you were 6'6" in your first post. I'm 5' 10" and the puig I had on my 04 did what I wanted it to, so I know I'll put this one to good use. :thumbup:

Back