Buzz in on your tires... Please!

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
I am soon to be buying new tires and would like to see what different people are running on our bike. I have looked at some other threads and they are helpful but I was hoping I could get you guys to just post the tire you have and give it a 1-5 rating, 5 being best on traction and wear. Would make a nice quick refernce for myself and maybe others. Something like this maybe...

I have brand X

Wet Traction / 3

Dry Traction / 4

Center Wear / 4

Side Wear / 4

Would buy these tires again -- Yes/No

just wanting to see overall what tires are the most popular and for which reason. Any info given is apprecated, thanks!

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Bridgestone BT-016

Mileage: ~5000. Will need to be replaced in the next 1000 miles.

Wet Traction / 4

Dry Traction / 5

Center Wear / 3

Side Wear / 4

Would buy these tires again -- Yes, with a caveat. I was spoiled by the stock BT-020's and getting 10k miles out of them. Will probably replace the 16's with Dunlop Roadsmarts.

HowlFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I have Michelin Pilot Powers (non multi-compound and not Power Ones)

Wet Traction 2 / 3

Dry Traction 5 / 4

Center Wear 2 / 4

Side Wear 4 / 4

Mileage - 80000+ miles

I put these on my Fizzer prior to a long trip out west (Detroit, Vegas, Salt Lake City, and back). Obviously they wore out quickly in the middle. I highly recommend this tire if you ride in the twisties. A little pricey for daily communing on flat pavement.

chihuahuastud

Reaction score
Visit site
BT021's
Seem ok in the rain.
Stickiest sport touring tire I have tried!
Only have 1,000 miles right now. Friend of mine that turned me on to these, got 5k out them. Keep in mind he only gets 1,500 to 2,000k out of most sport touring tires! I should get 10 or 12k miles out of mine.

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Pirelli Diablo Stradas

About 1800 miles on them

Wet Traction - 5

Dry Traction - 4

Center Wear - 5

Side Wear - 5

I would buy again, excellent wear (so far) and very good in the wet. No signs of hydroplaning in heavy rain. Nice road/steering feedback in the dry and a quick warm up in cold weather. The front tread pattern is a little noisy at lower speeds, but I really do not even notice it anymore. Two thumbs up!!!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have Bridgestone Battlax Bt-021's

Wet Traction / Haven't ridden in the rain. Not much here.

Dry Traction / 5

Center Wear / 5

Side Wear / 5

Would buy these tires again -- Yes

These tires work great in our climate here in SoCal. I seem to where out the front tire first. The rear tire is a multi-compound and I use these tires a lot in miles of tight turns. Very satisfied with them.

Would like to have the bucks to try some of the other recommended tires and I'm sure they are great. As an all round tire that is sticky where it needs to be, the BT-021's are great for me.

Cliff

Speedygonzales

Reaction score
Visit site
Michelin PP 2CT

Wet Traction = 4

Dry Traction = 5

Center Wear = 3

Side Wear = 5

Would buy these tires again = Yes

Really grippy tires, more then enough for a FZ6 ... hard riding on track and never had an oeppss moment tire wise.

Tire pressure:

Road = 2.3 front 2.5 rear

Track = 2.2 front 2.2 rear

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
I have Bridgestone Battlax Bt-021's

Wet Traction / Haven't ridden in the rain. Not much here.

Dry Traction / 5

Center Wear / 5

Side Wear / 5

These tires work great in our climate here in SoCal. I seem to where out the front tire first. The rear tire is a multi-compound and I use these tires a lot in miles of tight turns. Very satisfied with them.

Would like to have the bucks to try some of the other recommended tires and I'm sure they are great. As an all round tire that is sticky where it needs to be, the BT-021's are great for me.

Cliff

Glad to hear that I'm not he only one burning though my front tire quicker than the rear. I was going to post about this separately and ask if that is a normal occurrence. I have the stock D252F Dunlop Sportmax and my rear tire looks slightly better than my front at 4200 miles. The front is down to the wear indicators on the sides, the center doesn't look so bad. I thought maybe I had some sort of problem because I hear most people talk about going through 2 rear tires with one front.

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bridgestone Battleax BT-010.

I can't really give points out of 5 because I don't have anything to compare them to. Since I tossed the OEM Dunlops I have used these and they are perfect for my purposes. I get about 9,000km on a rear and 12,000 on a front. More than 95% of my riding is two-up and vurtually all braking is front only.

Would I buy them again? Absolutely, I don't even look at anything else.

BT-010.jpg

geetarhero

Reaction score
Visit site
I think you gotta use a higher scale to get more accurate. out of 10

Shinko Advance 005

Wet Traction 7 / 10

Dry Traction 9 / 10

Center Wear 10 / 10

Side Wear 8 / 10

For the price/longetivity these cant be beat. Its a 100km highway ride just to get TO any sort of motorcycling road. Needless to say, I put alot of kms my bike (commute too)
They are extremely sticky, more than you need for the street. Last ages (most people claim to get 15-20k kms on them) and when you get a nail, they cost beans compared to michelins etc

also, require less warm-up than some of the track oriented tires. Good for me when im just trying to commute to work

no complaints here at all

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Michelin Pilot Power 2ct

Wet (found out last night 2 up, I mean, I was 2 up but I couldn't get it to spin over white lines in heavy rain taking off. I mean I wasn't dumping it but still the stockers spun freely in the same place/situation) 5/5

Dry 5/5

Center wear 5/5 so far @ about 1k miles

Side wear 5/5

I would buy them again, my dealer has sick prices and they were fresh tires, installed for $369.98 OTD. I looked up my little note where I had the prices down and they were 2CT's Front: $133.99 Rear: $171.99. The other place wanted $269 for the rear only.

fz6nick

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Visit site
Pirelli Diablo Street compound. Not 3's not anything. just diablos. Ratings comparing to other street compound

wet 7

dry 10

Center 7

side 10

I did the Hellgate sale for 189 a set. Put 5k on em since then including 3 track days and one dragstrip night.

Just bought another rear for 110 bucks :rockon:

These tires are sticky as F!!!!!!!!!!!

Other tires ive had, Stock roadsmarts, qualifiers. These are way stickier than the qualys. Especialy on the track.

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
I think you gotta use a higher scale to get more accurate. out of 10

And for those of us who ride in climates besides warm, how about rating cold traction. That's a big deal in the first few minutes of riding on a cold day.

Conti Road Attack:

wet: 8

dry: 9

center: 8

side: 9

cold: 9

would buy again: yes, and already have

I'm on my second set of Road Attacks and really like them. I thought they'd last a bit longer, but I'm still happy with them. The really improved the handling of the bike from the stock tires. Turn in seems much easier/quicker now.

blackfire

Reaction score
Visit site
Michelin Pilot Road 2CT

Wet Traction 9 / 10

Dry Traction 9 / 10

Center Wear 10 / 10

Side Wear 9/ 10

Vss.:thumbup:

Adirondack Jack

Don't call me " Jun ior&a
Reaction score
Visit site
Michelin Pilot Roads

I just got them a few hundred miles ago. They replaced OEM Battleax tires that were worn out. So the jury is still out for me.
So far I can say they are an incredibly smooth ride. Seem to grip very well in the twistys. I try not to be out in the rain but the one time I got caught in a light drizzle there was no sign of hydroplaning.

Would buy these tires again = Yes

Debaser

Reaction score
Visit site
Pirelli Diablo Strada

Wet Traction / 7

Dry Traction / 9

Center Wear / 8

Side Wear / 9

Warm-up time / 8

My second set of these, the wear is fantastic. The only thing is the front tire pressure must be good, if it's slightly under the front feels a bit loose.

Last edited: