Call of duty 6: Modern Warfare 2.

CZAR357

Reaction score
Visit site
Moved thread to correct sub forum.

On topic, this game sold 4.7 million copies in the first 24 hours of release.
IGN: Modern Warfare 2 Shatters Opening Day Sales

It really is a rediculous number. Just think about it. 4,700,000 x ~$60= $282,000,000 :eek: And that is only in a 24 hour period!

czar, did you friend request me? my bad i think i deleted it thinking it some some random person i played with.. please send again.. sorry! put fz6 in notes

Done. :thumbup:

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just picked up a copy last night. Can't wait to get home tonight and get into it. I'm old and I suck at gaming, so I'd never play on-line as I'd just be fodder...

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know how you guys play FPS games with a console controller... I can't do it!

I have the game for PC and started playing a bit last wkd... can't wait to get more time on it... looks amazing so far.... Modern Warfare 1 was brilliant!

Cuba

Reaction score
Visit site
Did anyone get the night vision goggles? I don't play vidi games very often but I bought it the first day and I'm doing alright. That first night I was ranked 977,000 on PS3 online after a few rounds and there were people above level 30 already, pretty crazy. Terrorist level was pretty stern, I'm surprised it wasn't in the news but yeah, it's just a game. I like the juggernaut levels on special ops...

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know how you guys play FPS games with a console controller... I can't do it!

I have the game for PC and started playing a bit last wkd... can't wait to get more time on it... looks amazing so far.... Modern Warfare 1 was brilliant!

How long has it been since you played a FPS on a console? The left stick functions as the arrow keys and the right stick as the mouse. Been that way since Halo.

sjryser

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I also am old and only play FPS on my PC...things like Assasin's Creed and such are for my XB360....

ps- WAVEX add me as a friend on your steam [email protected], we'll frag some cagers together!:rockon:

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
hmmm my steam is broken... if you see what I mean :D

I may end up buying it if I find some time to play it...

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
sure but it still can't beat a mouse/keyboard setup.

I've actually been having a huge debate with a guy from work who feels the same way as you. I never had a good enough computer to do any hardcore gaming until very recently, so therefore, I grew up on a gamepad.

I played goldeneye on n64, which got me into it, and since then I've played Red Faction, Halo 2, Battlefield, Rainbow Six Vegas, and countless hours of Halo 3.

I feel like you PC gamers severely underestimate us console gamers.
The good news is, we're going to prove who's better between me and my friend Michael by playing Unreal Tournament 3 on PS3, which allows mouse and keyboard as well as a regular controller.

I just bought my PS3, and the showdown is happening tomorrow night. I really feel like I can beat a really good PC gamer at this game. I guess we'll just have to see...

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't underestimate the players, I underestimate the controllers, specifically for FPS games... I prefer the analogue xbox360 controller for racing though (compared to a digital keyboard, for obvious reasons), which is why I got one for my PC :)

Just like a steering wheel makes for more precise driving in racing games, a mouse allows for quicker movement in a FPS game... but that doesn't mean your friend will beat you everytime.... you may simply be better than him... just like Cali_Rider would kick my a** at Forza 2 even if I had a steering wheel hehehe

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
shooters = console

one reason:

comfort!!!

I play RTS games perked up in a chair. I play shooters laying on my ass on a couch.

console wins!!!!

(also my buddies play shooters on xbox, not PC, so to link up with them would have to be on xbox anyway)

my login is same as here.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just bought it, along with my new Playstation 3. Very realistic. Wish the guy would stop shouting at me though...... I can't help being slow.....

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
Just bought it, along with my new Playstation 3. Very realistic. Wish the guy would stop shouting at me though...... I can't help being slow.....

Up the speed a bit. Go to the options menu and adjust the settings in 'custom'. you can make the gun whip around but some get motion sick if it moves too fast. I run @ 6 for most guns, faster for the heaver guns because they move slower.