Changing the cylinder head on my 2006 FZ6

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
no fireball...but that was the last time that car has seen road since 2000....hasnt had anything done to her since I took the initiative to pull her apart 12 YEARS LATER! I bought a motor for it and am gettin it all dressed now.....

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Ive got it fixed!! I ended up replacing the engine.
Here are some pics of the cylinder head and piston:

Bummer! Glad you're back up and hummin!

Considering the RPM these engines are capable of, that looks pretty mild in the "self destruct" category.

Judging by how many times the valve hit the same spot on the piston it did drop keeper vs broken valve. So how did the rest of your story unfold? Are you happy, they treat you right?

Abimelec

Reaction score
Visit site
Bummer! Glad you're back up and hummin!

Considering the RPM these engines are capable of, that looks pretty mild in the "self destruct" category.

Judging by how many times the valve hit the same spot on the piston it did drop keeper vs broken valve. So how did the rest of your story unfold? Are you happy, they treat you right?

I just ended up sending it to another shop. They charged cheap for mounting the engine. I'm happy now that I have it back and hope that was the end of it. One question, at what rpms do yall keep the engine when riding 60mph?

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I just ended up sending it to another shop. They charged cheap for mounting the engine. I'm happy now that I have it back and hope that was the end of it. One question, at what rpms do yall keep the engine when riding 60mph?

Depends if I want control or not. For no fear, low risk riding like on the freeway commuting = 6th gear (what ever RPM that is).

If in the woods in the corners where I want total control of the back tire I may be in 2nd gear 8k. It just depends.

Revving it is not going to hurt it. Lugging it, that will hurt it. However, I can understand your reluctance with the runs of bad luck but try to let it go run it however you need to for the situation. . .

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

With stock gearing, it'll do 60MPH all day in top gear with no worries/issues.... With a new (to you) engine (no ones' hopefully messed with the top end), wind her up, she'll take it, happily..

Last edited: