Close encounter with 2 4WDs.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice video mate :thumbup: , like the path you take out of the joint..... Through he tables and chairs , Al Fresco bikin' style :D around the A/C units through the palm tree past the connifer and turn left at the wheely bins :thumbup:..... LOL , ive heard the rumours that you'll find twisties anywhere you go.......Now we've all seen the proof :rof:

Hard to get any decent lean angle going in those twisties....lol.:rockon::rockon:

Glad your ok man. Sucks on the old knees though man. Mine still hurt from octobers Kickstand? we dont need no stinking kickstand incident. (for the record you do need a kickstand and it has to be down to go slamming the bike over on it and jump off)

Heal up quick.

Cool video man. Its bad but we do almost need constant looping video on all bikes to at least get evidence of the stupidity.

Thanks dude. Coming good already and lad that I'm still here to get well.

I love riding my bike and for the most part I get left alone. But the reasonably frequent incompetent is making it harder to survive for sure.

I can't even speed a little in traffic to get away from the idiots or risk a ticket, but it's quite ok to tailgate me.

I know the police don't make policy decisions so it's not "all their fault" but I would have thought they'd have some say in matters and stop targeting pointless garbage and speeding and get stuck into ALL the laws. If they did that they would get my full and wholehearted support.:thumbup:

Cheers
Mike

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Whats with you lot lately, i think its a good idea that im keeping off the bike, not cause im trying but due to its what happens.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Whats with you lot lately, i think its a good idea that im keeping off the bike, not cause im trying but due to its what happens.

It's not us dude:eek:...lol. I didn't do anything to anyone:D. Had a couple lane changers today that wanted to fill the spot i was in as usual:(. Battery was flat so I didn't catch it on vid:spank:. The same time a guy 2 cars up starts changing lanes with no indicators:spank:, while a guy 2 cars back had been swapping lanes back and forth constantly trying to find a gap between the same 2 cars:spank:.

It was about that point that i shot off in front of everyone and sped......no more troubles.:thumbup:

Of course i manage to keep an eye out for all that and the couple on the R1 behind the back lane swapper and not cause any strife, while keeping an eye peeled for radars. After I sped up, I really only had to keep a general eye out behind and a close watch of what was in front. Much less stressful and far safer.

Cheers
Mike

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here in South Africa we have a Think Bike campaign which is becoming more active and mainstream all the time. Even the big information signs on the highways that warn of snarl-ups and road works will occasionally say "ALWAYS WATCH OUT FOR BIKES"

Go to the website THINK BIKE! click on media at the left and see some tv and radio ads that have been produced both here and in other countries. My wife and I are both card carrying members of this organisation.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

No offence meant by this, but I figure if I stayed off the bike cause there might be a chance I could get taken out by someone, then I may as well sell the bike, and lock the front door, stay home and rot!

Life is full of danger....we live in a beautiful free country, and if a few bad drivers are we have to dodge, we are doing ok. Could be a lot worse, we could live on the gaza strip, or the slums of new Delhi, or get shot at just going to school!
:thumbup:

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
None tken but im not sing off the bike for any reason, it just seems there is no time for her at the moment, by the time i do have time ive had a couple of beers (too many) and dont want to risk it.

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No offence meant by this, but I figure if I stayed off the bike cause there might be a chance I could get taken out by someone, then I may as well sell the bike, and lock the front door, stay home and rot!

Life is full of danger....we live in a beautiful free country, and if a few bad drivers are we have to dodge, we are doing ok. Could be a lot worse, we could live on the gaza strip, or the slums of new Delhi, or get shot at just going to school!

Actually, I remember this one time (no it wasn't at band camp) That I had an exam I hadn't studied for and wished I would get shot going to school.:eek::spank::ban::D

Well said though mate.:thumbup:

Cheers
Mike

Edit... Hey did that strike you all as a bit dickey Knee-ish...lol.?

Last edited:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
None tken but im not sing off the bike for any reason, it just seems there is no time for her at the moment, by the time i do have time ive had a couple of beers (too many) and dont want to risk it.

fair call, there is way more to life than riding, and riding is less of a priority for some of us. Riding after a few brews is not good either.