Cluster - change from Kph to Mph

terrymcg

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

I am looking at sending my 2009 FZ6S to UK with me when I move from Australia. The only issue I would have is that my cluster displays in kph not mph. I have read the threads about doing this yourself by holding the select button. However mine appears to be one of the models that does not have this function. So my question is, could a dealer hook any diagnostic kit onto the bike and change this for me? Or even is there a diagnostic tool I could buy myself a change the coding?

Thanks,

Terry

Ruggybuggy

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

I am looking at sending my 2009 FZ6S to UK with me when I move from Australia. The only issue I would have is that my cluster displays in kph not mph. I have read the threads about doing this yourself by holding the select button. However mine appears to be one of the models that does not have this function. So my question is, could a dealer hook any diagnostic kit onto the bike and change this for me? Or even is there a diagnostic tool I could buy myself a change the coding?

Thanks,

Terry

Nope. Looked into this as well. I'm in Canada and ride my bike occasionally in the US. I wanted to be able to change to miles but it wasn't possible. The only solution I found was to buy a US cluster. I just purchase a new FZ1 from the US and I can change from kms to miles buy holding the select button. It's nice because it also changes the odometer to miles as well.

terrymcg

Reaction score
Visit site
Nope. Looked into this as well. I'm in Canada and ride my bike occasionally in the US. I wanted to be able to change to miles but it wasn't possible. The only solution I found was to buy a US cluster. I just purchase a new FZ1 from the US and I can change from kms to miles buy holding the select button. It's nice because it also changes the odometer to miles as well.

Is it just as simple as fitting a new cluster - does the old mileage carry over?

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

Thanks,

Terry
Fitting a speedo healer [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPK0WRhTWDc]How To Install A Motorcycle Speedo-Healer (V4) - YouTube[/ame] is cheaper than changing the cluster and gives you both the option of switching from MPH to KPH plus correct the ~7% difference in speedo reading, and will also maintain the original mileage/kilometers. There are a few threads on it too http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/3182-speedohealer-v4.html

Nelly

PS I am not affiliated with the company but have one and its great. There is even an Android app.

Last edited: