clutch perch for mounting mirrors?

the SS show

Reaction score
Visit site
can anyone tell me if the factory fz6 levers fit in a fzr600 clutch perch? i need i clutch perch that has a mirror mount and i dont want to spend $100+ on one of the euro chutch setups from yamaha :confused: i have aftermarket levers and i emailed the manufacturer and they didnt seem to know what a fzr600 was much less if the levers would fit. also they dont make a matching shorty lever that is for a fzr600 application. if anyone knows a clutch perch that has a mirror mount on top that would hold a fz6 lever that would be great... or even one i could get a shorty lever to match the other. thanks in advance....

subaron

Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone know where in Toronto I would be able to buy a 10x1.25 left hand tap?

Or is there any other way to tap it. Say by drilling a 10mm hole and then forcing the mirror thereby creating the grooves?

Also, I am assuming that I first drill with a 10mm drill bit and then I tap with a 10x1.25 left hand tap. Is this correct?

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone know where in Toronto I would be able to buy a 10x1.25 left hand tap?

Or is there any other way to tap it. Say by drilling a 10mm hole and then forcing the mirror thereby creating the grooves?

Also, I am assuming that I first drill with a 10mm drill bit and then I tap with a 10x1.25 left hand tap. Is this correct?

It should say on the tap what size hole to drill (likely in real small lettering)

It shouldn't be that hard to find a reverse thread tap. Do a search on-line, they have to be out there...

Also, PM Ben H and see if you pick up shipping, you can borrow his tap or buy it outright.. That tap is not going to be used often...

Last edited:

subaron

Reaction score
Visit site
I got my tap from McMasterCarr i think it was $18 and my chart said 9mm

Thanks for the info.

I ended up ordering one from ebay. The guy is out of hong kong and was selling a right hand tap. I asked for left. It appeared that he understood. Will find out within a month when he ships it...lol

The naked fz6 is coming along nicely!

Just ordered fz8 clutch holder with a mirror mount.

Nolift911

Reaction score
Visit site
So with a left hand tap do you turn clockwise or counter clock wise to tap the thread...?

I am guessing counter clockwise but just want to be sure...

zackeeboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Counter clockwise
I just did the fz8 perch and drilled and tapped the master with fz8 mirrors. There is no better option!

Just curious, but how far down did you drill on the master? My FZ8 perch will be here any day and need to drill/tap the master. I have knockoff mirrors that came with a regular and reverse thread bolt, so I can tap it either direction.