Clutch Slave Levers - I'm making them again

pookamatic

Reaction score
Visit site
I would absolutely love a video, 'cause i'm still not clear on what you mean. I don't want to mess with the mid-cable adjustment if i don't have to.

I'm totally frustrated right now with this thing. It's almost as if the spring isn't strong enough to pull the cable and clutch lever back. :(

Alright stop what you're doing, take some deep breaths, crack a cold one.

Now, don't do anything until you've lifted the tank, popped the air box out, and adjusted the mid all the way in. I'm not certain this is your problem, but we need need to remove variables. For my install, there was no chance of getting it on without top and bottom screwed in. We're using more cable!

Also, when the instructions say to make sure your rotate the lever as far as possible in (CW) before seating it on the spline, you're only doing this against the dinky retract spring, NOT the clutch return spring. These are monumentally different in pressure required. (pinky finger push vs whole palm plus elbow grease).

If you got both of those done, how dirty is your cable? Binding?

If you're still really stuck and you have FaceTime, I might be able to walk you through what I did later. PM your #.

Good luck.

Dresnewtoy

Reaction score
Visit site
Think i'm narrowing down the problem (...i think).

There is a switch under the clutch lever. The slave lever doesn't seem to be able to push against the spring in that switch. If i hold the switch in with a flathead screwdriver, the clutch lever springs right back into position.

It worked before, so i don't see why the switch should be an issue.

Thanks Pook. I'll PM you my number tomorrow. I'm done messing with this for tonight before i hit it with the hammer :spank:

Dresnewtoy

Reaction score
Visit site
K. Finally got it working....Read the instructions, but i needed to READ the instructions, dumb@#$.

Thanks for your input and your patience.

Peace.

karlj000

Reaction score
Visit site
Got my parts and installed them today on both motorcycles. Build construction seems solid, install went well and was pretty easy. I didn't have to tinker with the mid-cable adjustment - I was able to do it all from the lever.

It'll probably take me a while to tinker and fine tune it to my liking, but so far I like the increased friction zone and the girlfriend likes the easier clutch pull. I installed it in the third hole from the centre.

Thanks a lot, Killernoodle! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

red_rock_beetle

Reaction score
Visit site
so do you haveany you can ship while i use my clutch lever then when i get yours i ship mine to you for a core refund? or is it a mod what you have kind of thing?

sorry if this has been answered but i dont feellike digging through 705 posts:spank:

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
so do you haveany you can ship while i use my clutch lever then when i get yours i ship mine to you for a core refund? or is it a mod what you have kind of thing?

sorry if this has been answered but i dont feellike digging through 705 posts:spank:

I has the same question good sir

As I discovered on page 14, you can order the parts, new, from PowerSports Plus and get them shipped to KN for $26 including postage!

If you specify the following address, the parts will be sent from the store, direct to KN!

Ship to:
Reini Grauer
7417 Stone Mountain Ct
Charlotte, NC 28262

Paypal address is [email protected]
Price is $50 to have your parts modified.
MAKE SURE YOUR FORUM USERNAME AND MAILING ADDRESS IS IN THE PAYPAL POST!!!

Much, much easier than taking yours off and posted to him, and that way, your bike is still on the road whilst they're made!

Cheers,
Rick

P.S. PowerSports Plus link is for actual parts, with correct part numbers!

Last edited:

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Bit of feedback, after doing a few miles.

Everyone knows the FZ6 'box is clunky - and we just live with it.

As I have the 2wheels Shorty Levers, I didn't need the KN mod for the easier pull, but wanted the greater friction zone.

Well, I have fitted the KN clutch slave lever and cable guide and what a revelation!

This is how the bike should have been shipped from the factory!

The 'box is silky smooth now, and the clutch feel and progression is equal to the best motorcycle 'box I've ever used.

This mod is at the top of my 'MUST DO THIS' list!

Cheers,
Rick

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
As I discovered on page 14, you can order the parts, new, from PowerSports Plus and get them shipped to KN for $26 including postage!

If you specify the following address, the parts will be sent from the store, direct to KN!

Ship to:
Reini Grauer
7417 Stone Mountain Ct
Charlotte, NC 28262

Paypal address is [email protected]
Price is $50 to have your parts modified.
MAKE SURE YOUR FORUM USERNAME AND MAILING ADDRESS IS IN THE PAYPAL POST!!!

Much, much easier than taking yours off and posted to him, and that way, your bike is still on the road whilst they're made!

Cheers,
Rick

P.S. PowerSports Plus link is for actual parts, with correct part numbers!

No need to order parts, I'm starting to get some cores back from you guys. I have 3 back so far, hoping for some more. I gotta log into paypal today or tomorrow tomorrow to start refunding cores. The levers will be $70 with a $20 core refund for the next round of guys. Just be patient!

edgeofnj

Reaction score
Visit site
I ended up taking the boot off then fed the cable through the new holder and worked the boot back over the nipple before bolting the bracket back on, but a slot would be ace

i did the same. the boot came right off (and subsequently popped back on), probably because i lubed the cable a bunch.

Gelvatron

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No need to order parts, I'm starting to get some cores back from you guys. I have 3 back so far, hoping for some more. I gotta log into paypal today or tomorrow tomorrow to start refunding cores. The levers will be $70 with a $20 core refund for the next round of guys. Just be patient!

What information do you need or want to start the process sir.

boars

Iced coffee fiend
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just posting to say mine arrived and look excellent... just need to find time to install... have been absurdly busy. Next weekend with some luck! I am currently running about with 1 ottimotto rearset... and a stock on the other side... haha. Ugh.

ziggomatic

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, I'm so glad I found this thread. KN, I would love to buy one from you in Matte Black from the cores you're getting back now. I'll hit you up with an order on PayPal.

Thanks! :BLAA:

mikw73

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Installed mine last week and rode around town a bit over the weekend. This is definitely an improvement. I kinda wish I had done it before I installed the adjustable levers and the throttle tamer, but I'm real pleased with the combination of the three, especially the slave lever mod. It's probably about as smooth as it can get now.

At the same time, this mod makes the adjustable levers seem to have made almost as big a difference, and to have been an unnecessary mod, since I adjusted the clutch most of the way back near the stock position. I still like the levers for how they look, though.

CdnMedic

Reaction score
Visit site

I've been waiting since the very first time you did this mod... Getting hard to wait lol.

stlmxrider

Reaction score
Visit site
Great mod and highly recommended. KN you nailed this mod. Took 10 minutes to replace (instructions are on page 64 I believe.) third hole out is like butter.
FZ Newbies forget any mod until you do this.