Clutch Slave Levers - I'm making them again

truckdude

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi KN, thanks for performing this great service to fix a problem the factory should have solved. I just ordered my parts from Partzilla and when they arrive will ship them to you and send you Paypal funds.

I'm hoping this fix along with a G2 throttle tamer and some soft grips will make my new to me '09 FZ6 much more pleasurable to ride and easier to control.

And of course install time will be a great opportunity to lube the cables. I have not read all 100+ pages of this thread, any long term clutch wear reports after this mod?

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi KN, thanks for performing this great service to fix a problem the factory should have solved. I just ordered my parts from Partzilla and when they arrive will ship them to you and send you Paypal funds.

I'm hoping this fix along with a G2 throttle tamer and some soft grips will make my new to me '09 FZ6 much more pleasurable to ride and easier to control.

And of course install time will be a great opportunity to lube the cables. I have not read all 100+ pages of this thread, any long term clutch wear reports after this mod?

I've had mine for almost 2 years, clutch still works fine.

mannydiller

Reaction score
Visit site
@truckdude...

i did the same thing, ordered from partzilla - forwarded on to KN - paypal'd $ - and received the modified lever back yesterday (they look great)... all this took 3 weeks, if you wanted a time frame reference from beginning to end.

cmantis

Reaction score
Visit site
I installed mine this past weekend along with a new cable and feels much better.

Was a little hot in the garage so got creative:
wzkr.jpg

mave2911

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I installed mine this past weekend along with a new cable and feels much better.

Was a little hot in the garage so got creative:
wzkr.jpg

Now get some TwoWheels CNC Short levers, and you're bike will feel even better!

I got some, and in conjunction with the KN Mod, it feels a million times better -and all for $30ish with free shipping! (click link in my sig)

Cheers,
Rick

lghtmgr

Reaction score
Visit site
Received install and as well as everyone else this is a great solution, anyone who can send core back send them back. Why would anyone every want to put the stocks back on. maybe others wont have to wait so long. THANKS KN!!

truckdude

Reaction score
Visit site
Cmantis, I'm guessing you are single. Only my single friends bring their bikes inside to work on them.

I installed a G2 throttle tamer and some soft grips, huge difference in low speed manageability. Clutch slave should be the icing on the cake.

dschult2

Reaction score
Visit site
Killer, you still doing this? Just ordered my parts and need an address to send them to and where to send paypal funds. still $50.

mannydiller

Reaction score
Visit site
Reini Grauer
7417 Stone Mountain Ct
Charlotte NC 28262

[email protected]

even if you hear nothing from him... know that he's working on your levers... they magically appeared in my mailbox a couple weeks after i sent him the parts... i didn't know if he'd receive my money or parts, no word back from him either way... but boy was i happily surprised when i checked the mail that day.

cmantis

Reaction score
Visit site
Cmantis, I'm guessing you are single. Only my single friends bring their bikes inside to work on them.

I installed a G2 throttle tamer and some soft grips, huge difference in low speed manageability. Clutch slave should be the icing on the cake.

Ha! That was at my dads house. Actually his idea but he was more worried about the fish then anything. Not sure I could sneak it through the turnstile and up the elevator of my apartment building.

IndyFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I received my parts a couple days ago. Hope to get the time to install this weekend. Superb craftsmanship BTW. Cant wait to try it out after all the rave reviews. Thanks Killer:rockon::rockon:

killernoodle

Making stuff
Reaction score
Visit site
Reini Grauer
7417 Stone Mountain Ct
Charlotte NC 28262

[email protected]

even if you hear nothing from him... know that he's working on your levers... they magically appeared in my mailbox a couple weeks after i sent him the parts... i didn't know if he'd receive my money or parts, no word back from him either way... but boy was i happily surprised when i checked the mail that day.

That's correct. I'm still have many blanks left!

kenh

Ride Like Your Invisible!
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Will someone please post the Partzilla part no.'s for the clutch mod, after buying exahust this year I thought I would wait to spend any more cash on the 6 until next year, but I think I need this one. Thanks.:rockon:

2nd childhood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

IndyFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
All I can say is SWEEEEET!!!
Install was simple if you follow KN's instructions on page 15 of this thread. I left it in the fourth (farthest out) hole, like KN sent it. Much smoother and lighter pull, much better friction zone. Only had time for a quick mile or two ride, but definitely worth the price. Looking forward to a longer test ride.

Thanks KN.:rockon::cheer: