Complete airbox mod kit: k&n, lid, and oil

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I tried it but decided to just return it all to stock form. This is from an '06. I'm not sure if it will fit other years -- probably will, but don't ask me...

I ran the K&N filter on my bike for about 1k miles. Didn't run it long enough to really even consider cleaning it. These run in the neighborhood of $45-55 online, plus shipping.

You can see from the pics that I took the snorkel completely off of the airbox. Ron Ayers sells the lid for $9.05 (plus shipping)

The can of k&n oil has never been used. Still have the price tag on it ($6.90).

$40 shipped (continental usa only). It'll have to go by ground due to the oil.

Attachments

• cover-and-oil.jpg
    cover-and-oil.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 46
  • k&n.jpg
    k&n.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 29
  • opening.jpg
    opening.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, besides the nice little growl that you get with this mod, I didn't really feel much of a difference.

My commute is about 100 miles each way lately, so any chance to quiet things down helps. I know, I'm gettin' old...

I'm also going to post my new-style scorpion cans. They have a great sound but they're too much for my needs.

I think it was Fred who said something about who's smarter: a whole team of yamaha engineers or me with my dremel. I'll trust the team of engineers. The bike, in its stock configuration, is a wonderful machine. I'll stick with the more functional mods such as my new givi sidecases and such, and leave the performance mods to the young (and young at heart) guns who want to ride fast and take chances. :thumbup:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
good price on a good set of mods, someone should snatch this up, even if only for K&N since it is a reusable filter and will end up being a practical mod in the long run so you don't have to keep buying stock filters every year.

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, besides the nice little growl that you get with this mod, I didn't really feel much of a difference.

My commute is about 100 miles each way lately, so any chance to quiet things down helps. I know, I'm gettin' old...

I'm also going to post my new-style scorpion cans. They have a great sound but they're too much for my needs.

I think it was Fred who said something about who's smarter: a whole team of yamaha engineers or me with my dremel. I'll trust the team of engineers. The bike, in its stock configuration, is a wonderful machine. I'll stick with the more functional mods such as my new givi sidecases and such, and leave the performance mods to the young (and young at heart) guns who want to ride fast and take chances. :thumbup:

I know this is an ad, but I like quiet too at time. For commuting I run both DB Killers in the bike; makes it stock quiet. :thumbup: Track, both out to match the PC3 map. :cheer:

Good luck with the sale! :thumbup:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i was just thinking of digging this thread up as i want to replace my filter and a K&N would be the way to go... Guess i will be buying my own now :)

jpainter187

Reaction score
Visit site
Is installing a K&N air filter on an '07 FZ6 pretty straight forward? Is it just a simple swap or is there more to it than that? The guy I bought my bike from said it's time consuming and you have to "drill out the rivets on the old filter and use the body that remains, re-fasten it to the K+N and then install." ...If that makes any sense. But from what I've seen in pics it looks like I should just be able to pull the old filter out and install the K&N...