configuration of the panel wires ( 16-pin )

clayrton

Reaction score
Visit site
Good afternoon , I'm looking for the configuration of the panel wires ( 16-pin ) FZ6N . 2009 need to know the function of each wire,

example- pin 1 12v in
pin 2 neutral .....

someone help me ..

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi and Welcome!

Its in the Factory Service Manual by color only and you have to trace the location (wires origin and function) which is pretty straight forward. IIRC its does not list it by pin number, just by color. USD bikes only use 11 of the 16. No ABS or security.
What are you up to anyway?

Look at post # 22 - YOU WILL find some helpful information there! --> What was supposed to have been connected here

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi , thank you
I am electronics technician and this panel is a friend , the bike is in another state, must simulate the operation

I can not reproduce copy-written material on this site. I can lead you to it, and the link does that. It has full color and pin out for all versions manufactured. I highly recommend you follow the link and review the content!
Good luck!

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Also, there is some data on the web about the ECU / Cluster communications protocol, but its pretty limited and incomplete the last I looked.

FWIW: there is single wire for data from ECU -> Gauge
USD bikes, the data wire generates the following:
- tach / RPM
- vehicle speed & trip distance
- water & air temperature
- Trouble light (CEL)
- Engine coolant warning lamp
- diagnostic data
- CO (C1/C2) offsets
- maybe other stuff...
Turn signals L & R, high-beam indicator, oil & fuel level, back-light, Neutral, etc all come from other inputs...

This is from memory so its subject to error... It was to give you an idea. Are you trying to decode the communications from ECU to Gauge??

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you open the panel its pretty easy to see the connections and what they do. There is no 5v from the bike. The gauge has its own supplies internally. Also, the link above is still active and it does have the information you need. It shows the connector for the panel in order by pinout.

I've repaired a panel and once you look and see it will make sense I hope.