Conway/Kancamagus, NH?

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone have tomorrow off? Michele and I are headed to Whitehorse Gear to pick up some stuff and then over the Kanc and back with lunch at the Lincoln end before returning.

I know it is short notice but we took tomorrow off for an appointment and that was cancelled so we're going to keep the day-off and go out and enjoy the weather!

Leaving early (9am) and expect to be at Whitehorse around 11 to 12 then off to the Kanc for a late lunch in Lincoln.

I didn't think, on such short notice AND it being during the week, that we'd get any takers but I had to throw it up there.

First, I forgot the camera.... my bad!

Second, what a FANTASTIC day for riding! Mid-70's, no humidity, no traffic and sunshine galore! We left a lot later than I wanted but we got to Whitehorse Gear at 1:45pm and got the items we needed. The trip was uneventful and we had a great time chatting the whole way up, bike to bike, on the Scala headsets. We were both in heaven and without a care in the world.

At Whitehorse, we bought a U-bolt RAM mount so she can carry my GPS for some upcoming solo rides she'll be taking. We bought 24" SAE extensions to extend the battery tender leads out from under the seats to the front of the bikes to make accessory plug-ins easier. I also bought her an SAE to cigarette lighter adapter for the GPS which I will have to zip-tie somewhere for her. She found some great gloves with carbon fiber knuckles and thicker padding in the palms as she was having glove trouble with her old set. I also bought two Halos. These are 1.5" wide reflective neoprene rubber bands that slide on to the base of your helmet to give you a nice 360 degree reflective area for autos to see your head location. These are for better visibility for next weeks long adventure.

Last, we took off for the Kanc. We got stuck behind some slow cagers but picked a few off. I was getting frustrated... she could hear it in the Scala... She told me to pick off the remaining ones, go have fun without getting hurt and she'd see me at the other end. So, I found the spot, dropped it to 2nd and roared past the remaining cages. Off I went and hit the twisties with a more than spirited effort. It was awesome! I was able to pick off other cars along the way and came up fast on one as we approached the really good hairpins and to my surprise, the people PULLED OVER and let me by! Unheard of here! So, I disappeared around the corner and was off like a new bride's dress on her honeymoon. :rockon: I threw my arse off the seat and layed the FZ1 into the corner and was grinning so hard it hurt! On top of the world for a few sweet corners!

At the end, I found a long straight and parked at the end so Michele would have plenty of time to see me, slow and stop. I waited almost 10 minutes for her to arrive. After a chat when our Scala's synched up, we headed out and stopped for fuel, then off to Rte 3 to head home. We took 3 to 25 and on to 11 back to Dover. We did stop up by Lake Winnipesaukee and had dinner at a wood-fired pizza place. Exotic pizza and VERY tastey! The rest of the ride was peaceful and uneventful. The Scala headsets finally ran out of battery after about 5.5 solid hours of us yakking and making fun of people, cages, etc.... We eased into the home stretch and finally landed back home.

So, yesterday, we did 112 miles in the afternoon and today, 219 miles of beautiful NH scenery.

Perfect day.... perfect ride and perfect company. Thank you God, Michele, Mother Nature and Yamaha. :D

Wish I had a group following me today... y'all would have had a great time! :D

It would have been great to have you along for the ride!

Back