Cooling system

Delasangre4231

Reaction score
Visit site
So to start with every time I ride I hover between 160 and 185 and I know my fan works when I get over 212. Now the problem is, normally I pull into work and the bike warms up to 190 heading across the parking lot, but once a week or so i turn it off and it jumps to 226 and the fan runs. It takes 2 minutes to get back to 210 and the fan turns off but it worries me. Is this normal or maybe a sticking thermostat or some issue?

bpchura

Reaction score
Visit site
I wouldnt worry about it getting up that high when the bike is shut off. The coolant temperature sensor is on the back of the block and not in the radiator. When the bike is shut off, the coolant stops flowing and can build up heat. If the bike was running, the fan would keep it cool.

sdriv3r

Reaction score
Visit site
Got mine flushed and new coolant, I see around 170 on the highway, 180-190 while moving on city roads with stops and lights. When stopped for awhile or in heavy traffic it climbs to 210 and fans kick in.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Mine normally runs about 171F (with average speeds of 35-65 MPH).

I've got to sit at a light for several minutes to see the temp rise 5 degree's. Kinda rare for me to even see 185..

I've NEVER had the fan kick on but I try hard to avoid rush hour stop and go traffic..

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Got mine flushed and new coolant, I see around 170 on the highway, 180-190 while moving on city roads with stops and lights. When stopped for awhile or in heavy traffic it climbs to 210 and fans kick in.

Mine's the same, and god or Previous Owner knows what is inside that tank. Changing to new stuff at 11k miles.

motorider

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently flushed my system and now run just water and a coolant additive for corrosion protection and better cooling. My bike was frequently getting up to 220 on a warm day in stop and go traffic, now it barely gets passed 200, but still stays between 175 and 190 on the highway.