Cracked new Puig Windscreen

SeekGod1st

Reaction score
Visit site
I cracked my new Puig Windscreen about an 1" above the nose.

Has this happened to anyone and does anyone have advice on the repair.

Lastly does anyone have some tips on dealing with the plastic screws, I snapped one and struggled with alignment.

Airhead

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
Are there any parts actually broken off? If not drill a small hole(1/16th or less) at the end of the crack to relieve stress and help stop it from spreading. Then you can glue it back together and/or glue a small piece of the same type of plastic to re-enforce the crack.

If there is a broken piece then get some plastic to re-enforce it and glue it back on with some acrylic cement.

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
I put a Puig on my '05..... didn't have any installation issues that resulted in a crack. Airhead's given you all the advice I can think of for a crack.

The OEM windscreen plastic screws are a PITA; my Puig kit came with replacement connectors. A rubber washer with a nut molded in, and a metal screw to compress it.

You insert the rubber into the fairing where the threaded part for the plastic screws went, set the screen in place, and then screw it down with the metal screws..... they compress the rubber which makes it expand to bind up in the hole. The screw head holds the screen in place.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I would definitely recommend picking up a pack of metal windscreen screws and toss the plastic ones out. Why in the world Yamaha thought it was a good idea to use PLASTIC screws is beyond me.

Any motorcycle business website should have them.