did I get a good deal?

krovikan21

Reaction score
Visit site
i just pick up this bad boy

its an 07 FZ6 in red with 7900 miles
it came with a hjc helmet/ 2 jackets/ a pair of jor rocket gloves
he also delivered it 2.5 hours to me

i payed 4100, its preatty much mint condition minus one scratch behind the passenger seat

fz6.JPG

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like a great deal to me and a great looking bike. Congrats and welcome aboard! :thumbup:

crzymazy

Reaction score
Visit site
is it FZ6s2? you cant use the helmets though. any helmets you get are trash. you can never know the condition of the foam inner layer. if it got dropped from any significant height it can compromise the helmet.

if its an FZ6s2 you got an awesome deal. if a normal fz6 you got a decent deal.

krovikan21

Reaction score
Visit site
im looking on the title and it dosnt even say fz6 on it? is there a location on the bike it would say...its an 07 which is the 2nd gen i thought...why would they make an fz6 and an fz6s2 at the same time with out any way to really tell?

crzymazy

Reaction score
Visit site
because one was to comply with some emmissions standards. if your in the USA you can be confident its S2 if your anywhere else especially europe, its worth checking. on my registration it says it under the model section.

krovikan21

Reaction score
Visit site
well then its a 2007 bought on the east coast (MD) where there are no emission standards...so its probly a s2? so when i transfer the title and get my registration it will tell me for sure

ergo according to crzymazy I "got an awesome deal."

which makes me happy!

honestly ive put a few hundred miles on it and has great power and handling and comfort so if it is or isn't an s-2 i don't really care cuz its an amazing bike and im happy and it was well worth the $4100 to me. I just wish it didnt take me 4 bikes prior to find one I REALLY liked LOL

mstewar1

hot diggity
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you're happy with the bike, then you bet, you got a good deal. Sure, someone could probably find one for less, yadda yadda. It's a good looking bike, but then again, I'm biased -- I've got a red one, too.

Welcome.

dturpen

Gamer/Bike Enthusiast
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations on the new bike and :welcome: to the forum! You've found the right place to talk about the FZ. Loads of helpful info and people on this forum!

I'd say you got a pretty good deal, but I'd be wary about those helmets, too. I'd be much more comfortable with a helmet that I purchased and fit myself that I know is brand new, and has never been dropped or wrecked in, etc.

All FZ6s sold in the US are equivalent to the Euro spec FZ6S2. In Europe, they have 2 different versions of the FZ6, and the S2 is the more powerful version. (I believe it's claimed to be 96 HP, but that's a little higher than actual HP at the wheel.) Basically, we don't have the lower HP version in the States, so there's no such thing as S2 over here.

Looks really clean, except for that chain. I would clean and lube that thing ASAP!

Falcon1220

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: :welcome:

I think it is a good deal. :D
Even with the US and Canadian $ on par, you will be very hard pressed to find a mint, 2007 FZ6 with low miles in Canada for under $5 000. During this week I saw a 2006 FZ6 posted on Craigslist in Vancouver Canada for $5 000 and a few others (2005 to 2007) for $6 000. :eek:

What is more importent is that you are happy with the bike and the deal.
Welcome to the site and enjoy the bike. :rockon:

Take the advise and get yourself an new helmit.

crimsonrick

Reaction score
Visit site
Makes me feel pretty good about my deal. I bought a 2009 with 3,036 miles, in great condition. Has a power commander and after market exhaust. Got it out the door with a new helmet for $5,154. Best money I ever spent.

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
Heck I just paid 4K for an 05'. Happy with that though, corbin seat, Scorps, midpipe and PCIII. all with 2,800 miles on the bike. I've seen them going stock for a good deal less but w/ 4x to 5x the miles. I'm happy with my deal.

You got a solid bike for a good price. Be happy. :)

TampaFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice looking bike, I just bought a 2008 FZ6 that was originally purchased new in Ohio and I was confused with all the "S2" jazz. I was told it was under powered at lower RPMs but I'm not seeing it. I haven't even been above 7k yet so I'll see how it performs when I hit the open road.

Enjoy!!

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great looking bike, but I agree about the helmet. NEVER use 2nd hand.

You just don't know if they've dropped them - don't have to be marked on the outside to be damaged on the inside :eek:

Falcon1220

Reaction score
Visit site
Makes me feel pretty good about my deal. I bought a 2009 with 3,036 miles, in great condition. Has a power commander and after market exhaust. Got it out the door with a new helmet for $5,154. Best money I ever spent.

:jawdrop: Now that is a deal. Next time I buy, I may have to shop South of the border.

Mancolt

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats and welcome to the forum. As a reference point, I paid $3500 for my 2007 Blue FZ6 about 2 months ago. Had 11.8k miles though. No scratches that I've been able to find anywhere.

I like my blue, but I like the red ones a little more. Enjoy!

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
:welcome:, considering how awesome the FZ6 is, and the fact that they are no longer being manufactured, I would have to say you a great deal! Our bikes will be worth hundred of thousand in a few years when everyone begins to realize that the quality of the new bikes is going to heck :D

AdamDJ

Reaction score
Visit site
I dont wanna hijack or brag but your heads will explode when you see what I paid for this 06 in mint condition WITH Two bros pipes and flushmounts..
smallerfz.jpg

Only 2 grand :)