Difference in FZ6 swingarms?

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
I always thought that the rear swingarms were different from the silver (2004-06) to black versions (2006-...) - Both in look and especially how the chain is adjusted.

I saw a Danish add with a wrecked FZ6 from 2009 (black edition). Rear svingarm should be fine and I thought about buying it (of course after checking if it's really straight etc)...
The dude sent me some pictures... but the swingarm looks just like the one on my own FZ6 (except it's black)?

Does the newer type swingarm only appear on the very latest models of FZ6?

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
Any 2007 and up bike should have the new type swing arm. There might have been a few transitional models in 06-07, but i really doubt a 2009 model left the factory with the 1st gen swing arm.

Sounds weird to me.

Carlos840

Reaction score
Visit site
That is indeed a 1st generation swing arm...

Like i said i doubt a 2009 bike left the factory with that swing arm, so either he replaced it, or his bike isn't an 09.

Why do you want to replace yours? Apart from looks i don't think there is anything to gain from it!

Ask him for a picture of the bike, or the subframe, if the passenger seat pegs are bolted on it is an 07 or older, if they are welded on, then it's a 2006 or younger.

MrMogensen

... That's me!
Reaction score
Visit site
That is indeed a 1st generation swing arm...

Like i said i doubt a 2009 bike left the factory with that swing arm, so either he replaced it, or his bike isn't an 09.

Why do you want to replace yours? Apart from looks i don't think there is anything to gain from it!

Ask him for a picture of the bike, or the subframe, if the passenger seat pegs are bolted on it is an 07 or older, if they are welded on, then it's a 2006 or younger.

As far as I have heard the chain adjustment method should be much better.
Anyway this is NOT the swing arm I want :)
It's not something I have to change, but it it was cheap I'd seriously consider it.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Some countries, when the bike is ACTUALLY SOLD, is considered the YEAR of the bike.
It could sit for 3 years on the showroom floor, get sold in 2009 and its considered an 09 model..

JeffSez59

Reaction score
Visit site
Yupp deff 1st gen and an '06 since that was the only year they blacked out the engine and frame/swingarm before transition to the s2 model. Good luck

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk